PDA

View Full Version : Scott Fitlin would have been...

Titanium Dome
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
...49 today. I certainly miss his contributions and enthusiasm. :)

If you thought the Eldorado was "just" a bumper car ride, think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ezeYtr-Bk

louped garouv
08-16-2011, 12:47 PM
...49 today. I certainly miss his contributions and enthusiasm. :)

If you thought the Eldorado was "just" a bumper car ride, think again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ezeYtr-Bk

(I linked this to Facebook as well.)

he is certainly missed.....

lgvenable
08-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I enjoyed Scotty as he helped me a couple of times. Great guy and really eager to help fellow forum members, he is missed.
Larry

Earl K
08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Yep, I surely do miss Scott . Boy, he could sure put pen to paper when he got into it .

I really enjoyed reading his initial impressions , garnered from when he changed out a part in his Eldorado system . He said a lot of things I could relate to .

l also miss Tom L, JohnAEC, Evan (Zilch ) to name a few of the long time contributers who've passed on ( all much too early if I may say so ) . :crying:

<> cheers Earl

PS ; Here's to you Scotty !!!

mech986
08-26-2011, 01:52 AM
RIP Scotty and all our other friends who are gone. On Saturday, we'll crank up our JBL's in their honor at our AK SoCal Audio Meet.

JuniorJBL
08-26-2011, 06:12 AM
RIP Scotty and all our other friends who are gone. On Saturday, we'll crank up our JBL's in their honor at our AK SoCal Audio Meet.

And then we will do that here in the Rockies on the 10th!! Here is to all of our great members who have passed on!!:)

Keep on keepen on!!

Ken Pachkowsky
08-28-2011, 02:01 AM
He was great to share ideas with...

BMWCCA
08-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Scotty would have been . . . desperately trying to save the Scooter Car ride from the ravages of Irene right about now! Just one of the legacies he left us.

If it's not Donald Trump, it's the weather, but Scotty had been fighting to save Coney Island for decades. :(

Altec Best
09-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Scott was way too young ! :(

JoMoCo
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
In memory of ..

http://amusingthezillion.com/2010/10/13/rest-in-peace-scott-fitlin-coney-islands-eldorado-man/

Rolf
02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry about this. :crying:

07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Just got back from a ride on the bumper cars at El Dorado. As I went out the back door through the arcade, I happened to snap a quick pic of the Ferris wheel. On closer examination, I noticed this and thought this would be an appropriate place for it.

mikebake
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Cool, thanks!

JeffW
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Bump Bump Bump your ass off for 50!

Nice to see the Coney Island airbrush work.

edgewound
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Happy Birthday, Scotty J.

I miss your unique character and contributions.

Titanium Dome
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Have a good one, Scott, wherever you are.

Photo: Domainofdeath3.com

robertbartsch
11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I live about 20 miles from coney island....

Hurricane Sandy whacked the island very hard last week. Does anyone know if the arcade is still around? Was it torn down after the sale? What is there now?

I'm in Hartsdale NY and we have been without electric power for 10 days.... UHG!

hjames
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
I live about 20 miles from coney island....

Hurricane Sandy whacked the island very hard last week. Does anyone know if the arcade is still around? Was it torn down after the sale? What is there now?

I'm in Hartsdale NY and we have been without electric power for 10 days.... UHG!

I'm in Virginia, others are over on the West Coast!
Its so much easier for you to go have a look than for those of us further out of town -
Please let us know what you find, and Thanks!!

mech986
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Found out from an AK member who is a friend of the Fitlin family and knew Scott personally that the Eldorado was sold to an investor and his company who continued to run it at least for this season, playing a lot of RAP music. The family, due to age and health, just couldn't continue to keep running it.

As best he knew, the Eldorado took on 4 feet of water during Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy, so obviously had a lot of damage. Sad to think that maybe most of the big Crown/JBL/TAD sound system that Scott so lovingly put together may be lost, as well as the history and fun of Eldorado.

Eldorado on a September 2012 night and a poster indicating last rides of the season (and maybe forever) were to be on Oct. 26-27, just a day or two before the storm ironically.

57444 57445

mech986
11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, at least the Fitlin family made out ok on the sale, to the tune of $4.5 million:

http://amusingthezillion.com/2012/04/01/thor-equities-paid-4-5m-for-coney-islands-eldorado/

mech986
11-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Here's some info from a blog, at least it seems someone is trying to save what they can from the Eldorado, and Scott's memory:http://www.coneyisland.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=print;num=1351925047"In contrast, Eldorado has been dismantling their bumper cars and trucking out the arcade games. They are trying to save the cars. The floor of ElDorado is already orange with rust. This ride can be saved and rebuilt, and has the right people to do it. Just a matter of where though. Hopefully, with all this mess, Sitt (property owner but not the amusement owner) will give them another year. "

11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Here's some info from a blog, at least it seems someone is trying to save what they can from the Eldorado, and Scott's memory:http://www.coneyisland.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=print;num=1351925047"In contrast, Eldorado has been dismantling their bumper cars and trucking out the arcade games. They are trying to save the cars. The floor of ElDorado is already orange with rust. This ride can be saved and rebuilt, and has the right people to do it. Just a matter of where though. Hopefully, with all this mess, Sitt (property owner but not the amusement owner) will give them another year. "

Here are the sad pics from that blog, first shows a bumper car partially dismantled, with scoops in background:

robertbartsch
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
If a JBL driver gets hit with salt water from a hurricane, can it be rebuilt or is it a total loss usually? I assume the cabs are probably OK, but that is a big assumption. I suppose it all depends on the time the stuff was submerged....

I had heard that Coney Island was shceduled for a major renovation, so I had assumed the new owners would knock the bulding down and build condos or some other housing.