PDA

View Full Version : Can't find it on google!

Karu
08-14-2011, 01:19 AM
I bought a pair of Leak Sandwich speakers on ebay and went I went to collect them, the seller showed me another pair of speakers and I walked out of the house with a pair of Altec Lansing Model 4.ll. They look almost identical to the 1010 and 1012 with the 10 inch woofer but instead of a tweeter as with the 1010 and 1012 it has a Mantaray horn. These are small boxes compared to my 15 inch Karlson's. My Karlson's always sounded best when they had Altec's in them. I have forgotten the model numbers of the woofers, mid horns and rings unfortunately. At the moment I have Etone 15 inch with 4.5 inch voice coils - again, no reference to these on google - in my Karlson's. I am a huge fan of Karlson's and there would be less than a handful of us Aussie's who know of them. Sure, they are large and fill the lounge room, much to my partners dislike. But she has put up with them because of the powerful sound.
All that has changed now and I will have to move the Karlson's out of the room because these little Altec's have a clearer and more powerful sound. The Karslon's are extremely efficient, and I cannot believe that the Altecs are equal considering it is just a box as opposed to ported.
Does anyone know anything about the Altec Lansing model 4.ll ?

hjames
08-14-2011, 05:02 AM
I believe its on the brochure cover (top left) with specs on the chart inside (page2)

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/catalogs/1982-home/page1.jpg

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/catalogs/1982-home/page2.jpg

I bought a pair of Leak Sandwich speakers on ebay and went I went to collect them, the seller showed me another pair of speakers and I walked out of the house with a pair of Altec Lansing Model 4.ll. They look almost identical to the 1010 and 1012 with the 10 inch woofer but instead of a tweeter as with the 1010 and 1012 it has a Mantaray horn. These are small boxes compared to my 15 inch Karlson's. My Karlson's always sounded best when they had Altec's in them. I have forgotten the model numbers of the woofers, mid horns and rings unfortunately. At the moment I have Etone 15 inch with 4.5 inch voice coils - again, no reference to these on google - in my Karlson's. I am a huge fan of Karlson's and there would be less than a handful of us Aussie's who know of them. Sure, they are large and fill the lounge room, much to my partners dislike. But she has put up with them because of the powerful sound.
All that has changed now and I will have to move the Karlson's out of the room because these little Altec's have a clearer and more powerful sound. The Karslon's are extremely efficient, and I cannot believe that the Altecs are equal considering it is just a box as opposed to ported.
Does anyone know anything about the Altec Lansing model 4.ll ?

Karu
08-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks, much appreciated!