PDA

View Full Version : JBL inductor on L300

andychris
08-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Hello

I would like to chance the 2 indoctor on the midrange crossover. The probleme is that there is a 3 point inductor, do somebody knows if I could chance it with 2 inductor of half the value ? Do somebody has try to change those inductors and what is the sound result ?

thanx

Odd
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Hello

I would like to chance the 2 indoctor on the midrange crossover. The probleme is that there is a 3 point inductor, do somebody knows if I could chance it with 2 inductor of half the value ? Do somebody has try to change those inductors and what is the sound result ?

thanx

Perhaps you can find the answers here (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?166-4333-S300-L300-equivalent-bandbass-circuit&highlight=4333).

andychris
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanx for your answer...

The probleme is that he change the input capacitor of 16.5uF with a 18uF, I would prefer to keep the original value.

But is there anybody who has realise this network ? How does it sound ?

jcrobso
08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Hello

thanx
The inductor has a tap on it, JBL used this inductor as an auto transformer to lower the signal to the mid range driver. I'm not sure why they did this, maybe so they wound be dissipating less power in the L-pad. If you replace it with a regular inductor I would recommend replacing the L-pad with a higher wattage one.