PDA

View Full Version : Altec Lansing VS4121 question

crazylynx
08-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if there was a 5.1 version of these speakers? I remember when I bought my 251s years ago that the other set I was interested in was also Altec Lansing, and I remember them looking exactly like the VS4121s but I'm certain it was a 5.1 set. They either had blue or red leds. It's possible they were a european model, the place I saw them at sometimes had imports like that. I can't remember what the model number is and haven't been able to find anything about them. If they're anything like the VS4121s then I'd love to find a set somewhere.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, has or had a set, I'd love to figure out what the model was, maybe I can find them somewhere.

hjames
08-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Do you mean these small plastic computer speakers?

Most folks here interested in Altec Lansing think of the larger wooden classic Altec Lansing
home music speakers of 20+ years ago, or the even larger Voice of the Theater systems ....

The computer and gaming speakers were made by another company (Sparkomatic perhaps?)
that bought the name after the original firm went under.

Best bet for that is to Google what you are interested in (like I just did to get these pictures)
and see what you can find out there.

Does anyone know if there was a 5.1 version of these speakers? I remember when I bought my 251s years ago that the other set I was interested in was also Altec Lansing, and I remember them looking exactly like the VS4121s but I'm certain it was a 5.1 set. They either had blue or red leds. It's possible they were a european model, the place I saw them at sometimes had imports like that. I can't remember what the model number is and haven't been able to find anything about them. If they're anything like the VS4121s then I'd love to find a set somewhere.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, has or had a set, I'd love to figure out what the model was, maybe I can find them somewhere.

Altec Best
08-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Do you mean these small plastic computer speakers?

Most folks here interested in Altec Lansing think of the larger wooden classic Altec Lansing
home music speakers of 20+ years ago, or the even larger Voice of the Theater systems ....

The computer and gaming speakers were made by another company (Sparkomatic perhaps?)
that bought the name after the original firm went under.

Best bet for that is to Google what you are interested in (like I just did to get these pictures)
and see what you can find out there.

+1 Altec Lansing Technologies Millford,PA