PDA

View Full Version : Paragon Hardware

Wagner
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the steel attaching brackets used to secure the two main sections of a Paragon together?
Is this just a standard piece of hardware I might find at a building supply place?

Thanks

Wagner
08-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Three pieces, acts like a reverse wedge.
Two rails attached to the boxes and a tapered clamp than slides down and pulls things together.

Thanks again

Rolf
08-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Three pieces, acts like a reverse wedge.
Two rails attached to the boxes and a tapered clamp than slides down and pulls things together.

Thanks again

Not sure if they are available anymore, but the ones here that have a Paragon could measure them, and they should be pretty easy to make.

Wagner
08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Not sure if they are available anymore, but the ones here that have a Paragon could measure them, and they should be pretty easy to make.

I have the Paragon, just need two clamps.
One is broken, the other missing.

Thanks

Rolf
08-07-2011, 01:17 AM

Thanks

OK. I thought you missed all of them. I believe the best is to get a workshop to make the others. Of course, there might be that someone on the forum have some not in use.

Good luck.

Maron Horonzakz
08-07-2011, 08:47 AM
IF you can obtain the Paragon blueprints,,It shows how to fabricate them..Thats how i made mine..A metal shop can make them very easily..

Maron Horonzakz
08-07-2011, 08:51 AM
You should have clamps on the back as well as the front,,

doodle6
08-09-2011, 02:28 AM

Thanks

There are similar clamps used in commercial millwork and in K-D (knock-down) cabinetry to pull panels together, so cabinet industry suppliers might have them. Try Rockler or Louis and Company.

pgena
09-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I was missing several also. As they're not out in the open, I took solid 12-gauge electrical wire and twisted it very tightly around the posts - been working fine for almost 20 years.

Rolf
09-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Lamp cord?

I was missing several also. As they're not out in the open, I took solid 12-gauge electrical wire and twisted it very tightly around the posts - been working fine for almost 20 years.

hjames
09-11-2011, 05:27 AM
I was missing several also. As they're not out in the open,
I took solid 12-gauge electrical wire and twisted it very tightly around the posts - been working fine for almost 20 years.Lamp cord?
Solid conductor 12 gauge cable -
like you put in the wall for household wiring to a light switch or electrical outlet.

Not stranded lamp cord ...

pgena
09-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes, THHN solid core copper household electrical wire 12 gauge - the kind that goes in electrical conduit. Don't use stranded because it's not rigid enough.

Rolf
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Solid conductor 12 gauge cable -
like you put in the wall for household wiring to a light switch or electrical outlet.

Not stranded lamp cord ...

Not sure how thick 12 gauge is. Here in my area we measure the thickness inn mm2.

hjames
09-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Not sure how thick 12 gauge is. Here in my area we measure the thickness inn mm2.

but - it doesn't matter for you -
you already sold your Paragoon.
Now you have no need for such tricks, yes?

Rolf
09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
but - it doesn't matter for you -
you already sold your Paragoon.
Now you have no need for such tricks, yes?

No Paragon, but I have the 4343B's.:D

hjames
09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
No Paragon, but I have the 4343B's.:D

But they do not have 2 half-cabinets held together with clamps, drive pins or wedges, do they?

Rolf
09-14-2011, 01:49 PM
But they do not have 2 half-cabinets held together with clamps, drive pins or wedges, do they?

I really don't understand your question(s) or comments. The only thing I did was trying to help Wagner with his question, as I once had the Paragon, and know a lot about it.

Why are you attacking me for this?

hjames
09-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I really don't understand your question(s) or comments. The only thing I did was trying to help Wagner with his question,
as I once had the Paragon, and know a lot about it.

Why are you attacking me for this?

Those are very harsh words.
I am not attacking you - I am sorry you misunderstand it that way.

Wagner said he was missing the part that slides over the metal pieces on the back of the cabinet
that pull and lock the two half cabinets together.
Pgena said since he didn't have those metal parts he used solid wire instead to pull it together.

You started talking about wire thickness issues in Europe.
But I am in the US, Wagner is in the US, and Pgena is in the US and we all knew what 12 Gauge solid wire means.

Didn't want to get into a wire discussion because its not about use of wire for signal,
just about the use of wire as a clamp.

Rolf
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I am not attacking you - I am sorry you saw it that way.

He said he was missing the part that slides into the metal pieces on the back of the cabinet that pull and lock the two half cabinets together. He said since he didn't have those metal parts he used solid wire instead to pull it together.

He wasn't talking about wire to run signal on, he was just using it to pull the cabinet parts together.

That's OK. maybe I misunderstood you:dont-know:. But there was comments about wires, and I just responded. OK:)