PDA

View Full Version : Paragon Network

Wagner
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Could anyone suggest why a Paragon owner might have swapped out the LX-5s for LX-13s?

A good friend of mine just bought a Paragon this past weekend, it is 100% original in every way except for the fact that the previous owner had made this swap. In the process of trying to track the original LX-5s down now.

Thanks

Rolf
08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think the original network is available. As a previous owner of the Paragon I believe the best thing to do is make some new ones ... CC coupled. Several members on this site has the knowledge.

Could anyone suggest why a Paragon owner might have swapped out the LX-5s for LX-13s?

A good friend of mine just bought a Paragon this past weekend, it is 100% original in every way except for the fact that the previous owner had made this swap. In the process of trying to track the original LX-5s down now.

Thanks

Wagner
08-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't think the original network is available. As a previous owner of the Paragon I believe the best thing to do is make some new ones ... CC coupled. Several members on this site has the knowledge.

LX-5s were swapped with LX-13s.

Wasn't a matter of not having any networks.

This was done deliberately.

jblwolf
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Higher crossover/power handling. LX-5=500Hz(100watts) LX-13-800Hz(120watts)
I have used the LX-13 on my paragon(le 15a,375,075) for years.I like listening to jazz and using the LX 13, to me gave the system more pronounced mid-range.

Maron Horonzakz
08-04-2011, 05:54 AM
The lx-13 is a better xover point for the ellipticle horn and driver..i like the sound better..

rpstephen
08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Changing the woofers to 2334s will greatly improve the bass (lower, tighter, less wooly). Since they go higher than the LE-15a, the 800 hz crossover should work even better. Unfotunately there is an impedance difference, which I think contributed to a slight loss of depth/imaging of the soundstage. It would be great if someone with the expertise could tweak the crossovers for the 2234s.

My paragon has been in storage for the last 6 years, since I moved to a small condo on the beach. I'm thinking of selling it since the storage is not cheap. Presently, I am using 4430s which I like very much. However, I much prefer the paragon for opera, choral & classical works. These performances really sound to me more like I'm in the concert hall with the paragon.

The paragon can sound somewhat bland without top notch electronics. The Atma-Sphere amp & preamp is a match made in heaven for the paragon. Just my experiences.:)

Stephen C.