PDA

View Full Version : New JBL 4312EBK vs old 4312

Soundrent
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Hello everyone :) I was wondering how the newer models with neodium drivers compare to the old ones in terms of sound and build quality? I have a pair of 4312xp which i love very much :) and now i see at my local dealership they have an offer for this new model. The store is 100km from me and i will probably go and take a listen to them, is ti worth going? :)

hjames
07-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone :) I was wondering how the newer models with neodium drivers compare to the old ones in terms of sound and build quality? I have a pair of 4312xp which i love very much :) and now i see at my local dealership they have an offer for this new model. The store is 100km from me and i will probably go and take a listen to them, is ti worth going? :)

I found the technical sheet and uploaded to this site -
JBL 4312E-BK 52164

System and driver images and such here -
http://joshinweb.jp/av/5689/4968929005857.html
Looks pretty cool!

They don't sell the cool new Japanese monitors here in the US -
be sure to get some pictures and let us know what you think!

Soundrent
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the links hjames :) The components realy look awesome but i have doubt that they sound like my old school ones... I will contact my local distributor on monday to check if they have them in stock. Best comparison is that i bring my 4312xp with me and compare them side by side :) also the price is pretty nice, i can get them for about 720 euros for pair :)

hjames
07-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the links hjames :) The components realy look awesome but i have doubt that they sound like my old school ones... I will contact my local distributor on monday to check if they have them in stock. Best comparison is that i bring my 4312xp with me and compare them side by side :) also the price is pretty nice, i can get them for about 720 euros for pair :)

Know what you mean - getting a pair fresh with warranty is a plus!

I had a used pair a few years back, after my bought-new L-36s, but just before I got into the 15inch/Horn driver systems ...
(got them used from a guy I just bought some L100Ts from ... )
Had them for a while but sold them in 2006 - long gone now