PDA

View Full Version : LX-5 Question

Audiobeer
07-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I have the Olympus speakers that I'm going to put back together soon. I have the old Blue Signature series crossovers which are marked 16 ohm. I have another set of original old stock that are not marked 16 ohm like the old crossovers. The old Blue ones have a serial number of 4405 "Signature Series" 16 ohm. The new Black ones were sold as 16 ohm but not marked as such. The serial numbers are 31XXX and 34XXX. Since I'm keeping these speakers for listening and not to flip I wanted to try the new old stock. I just don't want to put it all back together and then find out the the newer crossovers are 8 ohm. Thanks in advance for any clues via the serial number or how to measure them to verify they are in fact 16 ohm.

Rolf
07-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Build some new ones.That is if you don't want them to be original.

I have the Olympus speakers that I'm going to put back together soon. I have the old Blue Signature series crossovers which are marked 16 ohm. I have another set of original old stock that are not marked 16 ohm like the old crossovers. The old Blue ones have a serial number of 4405 "Signature Series" 16 ohm. The new Black ones were sold as 16 ohm but not marked as such. The serial numbers are 31XXX and 34XXX. Since I'm keeping these speakers for listening and not to flip I wanted to try the new old stock. I just don't want to put it all back together and then find out the the newer crossovers are 8 ohm. Thanks in advance for any clues via the serial number or how to measure them to verify they are in fact 16 ohm.

Audiobeer
07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
That's not a bad ideal Rolf. It has new diaghrams and the cone kits were supposed to be here months ago.

grumpy
07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Is there more than one schematic version?
That might allow to to probe the ports for clues
without a full frequency sweep/plot with dummy
loads...

Audiobeer
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes I have both copies of the 8 ohm and 16 ohm schematics. I don't want to drill out the rivots on the new old stock ones to see what's in there. So what your saying "The Deud" is that I can hook up dummy loads and if the output to the high and low for comparison? That's good food for thought. Thanks Grumpy!