PDA

View Full Version : Finally Joined the Ti Club

Uncle Paul
06-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Just won these 18Ti's (OK, so it's a minimum membership) on ePrey: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230630865435&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

After the auction ended I noticed that the seller was just a few miles down the road and arranged for a pick up this morning. The pix in the auction don't do these justice - the drivers and cabs are perfect, the finish on the teak having the expected patina. I'll be following Mr. Seawolf's patent teak restoration process to bring them to their best. The grilles are in very good shape and the few small blemishes aren't an issue.

Unfortunately I have to leave early AM tomorrow for a business trip, so don't have much time to play with them before I go. Really looking forward to hearing these - they should be very close to the XPL90's I heard last year which were very impressive and played much larger than their size.

SEAWOLF97
06-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Mr. Seawolf's patent teak restoration process to bring them to their best. The grilles are in very good shape and the few small blemishes aren't an issue.

Bring them on over Paul, and we'll beeswax them up :D

I traded an old Lux receiver for a thrashed pair of 18ti's (to get some backup 044Ti's) ...no grills, ratshack woofer on one , but I demoed them and was still impressed ... nice score .:applaud:

Uncle Paul
06-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Sounds like a plan, its been too long since I dropped by to pester you anyway! These are destined for my office, so will be mostly used for background music during the day. But when I'm working late or weekends and everyone else has gone home...