PDA

View Full Version : L112's with difference in volume

Freiberg Baard
06-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi, I have a pair of L112's with an audible difference in volume, one of them gives about 30% more suond than the other. I'm not that experienced in these technical matters, so I need to ask if anyone can give me a clue here.

Eaulive
06-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Hi, I have a pair of L112's with an audible difference in volume, one of them gives about 30% more suond than the other. I'm not that experienced in these technical matters, so I need to ask if anyone can give me a clue here.

Try to determine if the difference is general or coming from one specific driver being damaged.

Do all three drivers work?

Freiberg Baard
06-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Try to determine if the difference is general or coming from one specific driver being damaged.

Do all three drivers work?

They seem to work fine, just with lower volume.

Eaulive
06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
They seem to work fine, just with lower volume.

Did you swap them from left to right to confirm it was not the amplifier?

Freiberg Baard
06-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Did you swap them from left to right to confirm it was not the amplifier?

Of course. I wonder if it might be crossover.

rdgrimes
06-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Why not just put your ear next to each driver and see where the problem is? L-pads are the most common, and will cause a mid or tweeter to stop putting out sound completely. A damaged woofer certainly can do the same.

to troubleshoot the crossovers, consider swapping all drivers from one cab to the other and see if the trouble moves or stays. An ohmmeter on the input terminals might reveal any major difference in resistance.

Freiberg Baard
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Why not just put your ear next to each driver and see where the problem is? L-pads are the most common, and will cause a mid or tweeter to stop putting out sound completely. A damaged woofer certainly can do the same.

to troubleshoot the crossovers, consider swapping all drivers from one cab to the other and see if the trouble moves or stays. An ohmmeter on the input terminals might reveal any major difference in resistance.

I'm sorry, what is an L-pad?