PDA

View Full Version : Can we trust in JBL components values on schematics ?

spirou38
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
The question is in the title.

When opening my L80T GI ( the european model with woodden grille frame :D ) for having a look for an upgrade of the network filter to NL80T3 I had a surprise : the C3 capacitor ( according to the N80T schematic ) that should have been a 17 µF is in fact a 13.5 µF ! The other capacitors seem to have the correct values except C7 that I can't check because of a lot of glue on it :crying: . I can't unfortunately check the chokes values because of a problem with my choke ( Henry ) meter ...

Were there also different versions of the filter on L80T ?

grumpy
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Seems like I recall most JBL manuals and documents intended for consumers include
some text like "subject to change", and that not all documents on file should be trusted
100% if there is a disparity. The documentation -or- product could be the more recent.

So to answer your general question with my opinion: "mostly yes", and "sometimes no".
To answer your specific question about N80T/T3/??? others with examples and L80T*
experience will have to answer.

spirou38
06-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Seems like I recall most JBL manuals and documents intended for consumers include
some text like "subject to change", and that not all documents on file should be trusted
100% if there is a disparity. The documentation -or- product could be the more recent.

So to answer your general question with my opinion: "mostly yes", and "sometimes no".

Thanks for your answer Grumpy :D

spkrman57
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I had a pair of L80t's a few years back and they had different crossovers in each cabinet.

The sound was not mismatched to my ears, but I did not listen intently to them.

Regards, Ron

spirou38
06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I had a pair of L80t's a few years back and they had different crossovers in each cabinet. :crying:

The sound was not mismatched to my ears ...
Regards, Ron and you didn't claimed to JBL :confused:

spkrman57
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
:crying:

and you didn't claimed to JBL :confused:

I got them cheap, the cabs were beat up and I had to get a pair of woofers for them.

I listened long enough to get the sound characteristics of them and then decided the different crossovers did not matter as I did not want to keep them. Just not voiced to my liking as I'm big into tube gear and horns, basically a high-efficiency fan.

So it did not matter to me that the crossovers (both were stock JBL, just different versions) did not match as I sold them soon after.

Regards, Ron