PDA

View Full Version : Placement??

lpd
09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Well I recently switched over from 4333's to L-250's and am pleasantly suprised with them. I am trying to find the best location for them and have so far calculated that they work better set off of a long wall in a room 26' X 12'. At about 19' into the room my wall jogs in about 3 feet and creates a corner. If the room is 12' across how do I determine the distance away from the back wall the speakers should be placed? These are not light and easy to move so I really don't want to move them alot if I don't have to. I find them a little harder to place for bass as the 4333's didn't need as much room to breathe behind them. Any ideas?

Robh3606
09-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Get them up on dollies so you can move them. I had to build bases for my 4344's for just that reason. To damn heavy to move arround without risking damaging them or me for that matter. Also act as a speaker stand to keep them at the right height. Find the spot, tape it off and them drop them when you have it.

Rob:)

lpd
09-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Well I think I've found the best placement for them. It appears I had them way too close to the back wall. I pulled the speakers almost 6 inches from the back wall and the bass is really smooth and balanced. I've also noticed a greater improvement in depth perception as well.

jblnut
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM
I have mine over a foot from the back wall and about a foot from the side walls too. I put some felt stick-on "feet" so I could slide them around the hardwood floor. They seem to sound best well away from the back and side walls. I also have them canted inward towards the listening position about 15 degrees. This makes a very large difference too...

jblnut