PDA

View Full Version : XPL 200A wiring to woofer

vettedrummer
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello to all. I picked up a pair of XPL200A's from a guy in Dexter, Michigan. I'm sure most of you saw the Ebay auction. It was the one where the seller changed photo's from a walnut XPL200A to a gloss black model.
His starting bid was way too high so he received no bids. I had kept in touch with him and after the auction ended I made him an offer for the pair, but only if I liked what I saw when I came out to get them.
I drove out to see him and they were pretty nice and I got them for $450.00. The woofers did need to be refoamed which at that price was no big deal.
After I got the XPL200A's home I pulled the woofers to have them refoamed. I then spent the best part of half a day cleaning them up and giving them a good waxing.
I've got them back now and I can't remember which wire goes to red and which goes to black. One of the wires from the crossover has a mint green sleeve on it and the other one has the same mint green sleeve with black lines on it. Which is which? Next time I write them down! Your help is needed so I can get them back together. Thank you in advance.

BMWCCA
06-01-2011, 07:03 PM
This should help, even if you just follow the battery/polarity test suggestion at the bottom:
http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/technicalsheet/xpl200a%20ts.pdf

vettedrummer
06-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Hey, thank you for the technical manual/wiring diagram. I believe that the solid color sleeve is the positive lead and goes to the red terminal on the speaker. (If your reading this and don't agree then please let me know) Since JBL doesn't show which speaker terminal in the diagram is positive (red) it still is not clear if I made the right choice. Thank you again. Cheers, Frank

JBLAddict
06-02-2011, 08:28 AM
This should help, even if you just follow the battery/polarity test suggestion at the bottom:
http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/technicalsheet/xpl200a%20ts.pdf

what's the main link for all the tech sheets? when I go through JBL.com and into support, product selector, I see the xpl200a owner's manual only but no ts

Titanium Dome
06-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Frank, yes it's black to black, or in this case black line to black. :)

SEAWOLF97
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Frank, yes it's black to black, or in this case black line to black. :)

I agree..

and seem to work on a lot of speakers , so with my memory being "less than perfect" , usually a black marker to put a black mark next to the correct terminal -on the driver frame- has worked well for me.

(and if weird wire colors - then black electrical tape on the wire to match black marker mark)

vettedrummer
06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
My thanks to all of you! Cheers, Frank