PDA

View Full Version : The elusive 4344 info..

super440
05-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Hey all;

I ask this question only because I have been searching this forum,and the internet with no luck. All 16 pages on here and nothing. Just a few pictures,is this model really that rare?

All info I find is for the 4344 mkII,nothing for the US version 4344, or were they all asian built? This model is not even listed on JBL's pro monitor sheet. Whats up with that? Is the only way to get them is to get lucky,find a pair f/s here,or buy from Kinrick? Anyone have any original info?? Thanks..

super440
05-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I guess this speaker was short lived,and a stepping stone to something else.

Found this: http://test.audioheritage.org/Web_Pages/02_History/02_History_and_Legacy_of_JBL/06_Second_Harman_Era/SHE_Content.html

BMWCCA
05-20-2011, 04:12 AM
I guess this speaker was short lived,and a stepping stone to something else. . . . something less expensive to produce and simpler to operate, too. Your responses to the question on AK would imply Gordon doesn't care much for the 4-ways.

super440
06-10-2011, 07:21 PM
. . . something less expensive to produce and simpler to operate, too. Your responses to the question on AK would imply Gordon doesn't care much for the 4-ways.

I think you you need to read that thread again,think your mistaken...:flamer:

4313B
06-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey all;

I ask this question only because I have been searching this forum,and the internet with no luck. All 16 pages on here and nothing. Just a few pictures,is this model really that rare?

All info I find is for the 4344 mkII,nothing for the US version 4344, or were they all asian built? This model is not even listed on JBL's pro monitor sheet. Whats up with that? Is the only way to get them is to get lucky,find a pair f/s here,or buy from Kinrick? Anyone have any original info?? Thanks..Greg doesn't remember who did the 4344. Someone scaled down his 4345 to use the 15-inch 2235H (and correspondingly smaller enclosure) instead of the 18-inch 2245H. The networks are identical except for the wire lengths to the drivers. There is a 2 dB efficiency difference between the two systems and the L-Pad foilcals reflect that fact. Low Frequency bandwidth is identical. They are quite nice, especially with fresh drivers and charge-coupled networks.