PDA

View Full Version : EQ段ng at the seated position

JBL 4645
05-08-2011, 12:57 PM
The one thing I have noticed when manually EQ the fronts which is important for the onscreen accuracy.

Placing EQ modules to front which is common in some set-ups I致e noticed or to side of the room. If you EQ from any one of those locations the sound or (wideband pink noise) will sound tonally different.

Kinder like when you have the pink noise playing and you walk towards a wall you get that Doppler shift sound movement.

So what I have in mind once I get the FBQ3102 to accompany the already GEQ3102 is to get a lead that I can patch into the DCX2496 which would allow me to place each EQ one at time at the seating position while I look at RTA and adjust the EQ for each channel then (bop back to next channel) as I like to keep EQ mobile as between each LCR LF at first and then move onto LCR HF then finalize LCR LF/HF afterwards to make sure each channel is tonally close as possible.

It would different approach thou I知 sure its been done before and the pro-EQ are not as heavy as some of the non-pro smaller EQ. So the weight of having it on my lap while I trim and listen and re-listen to make sure the whsooh lows to mids are tonally within a tight few db of each LCR, rather than doing it with EQ placed in rack to one side of the room where it sounds way, way different from listening in the actually seating position.

Once the EQ has been done at the seating position I壇 just careful slot the EQ back into the rack with shorter XLR lead that will mate between the DCX24696.

Also I trend to trim the crossover equal on both LCR LF so I can listen to how it sounds on lows eq (what ever may or may not be needed) then scroll the crossover up higher until I get around 1KHz then leave alone.

The microphone will be placed behind slightly above my head and or maybe get two smaller mics the ones used in those ECM8000 or maybe make a ECM8000 hat that has two ECM8000 on each side patched into preamp with only single line output going to the RTA that way EQ will be done at ear height! No not crazy just a little more accurate. :D Thou that's just an idea that popped into my head!