PDA

View Full Version : Video switcher

mikebake
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Can anyone recommend a nice video switcher, not high-endy, at least pricewise?

JBL 4645
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM

Plenty of them on Google shopping UK you might have to type in Google Shopping on your side Video switcher and you should get list of boxes under $100.00 and over!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl=en&q=video%20switcher&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=if&biw=1152&bih=745

I can also do with video switcher to add on extra video/audio devices to mate with the main AVR as I'm exhausted of inputs and need a few extra ones.

Fred Sanford
05-04-2011, 04:39 PM

Can you give more details? Do you need HDMI, component, digital audio, etc.?

I use a Zektor HDS4.2 here, and also have an old JVC composite & analog audio switcher I use for TiVo/VHS viewing & duping.

je

Mr. Widget
05-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Do you want a simple with multiple ins and outs video selector or the ability to cross fade etc. for production or live events?

Widget

mikebake
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Do you want a simple with multiple ins and outs video selector or the ability to cross fade etc. for production or live events?

Widget
Yeah, simple with multiiple ins and outs. Gee, and could it be rack mountable?

Mr. Widget
05-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, simple with multiiple ins and outs. Gee, and could it be rack mountable?Component, composite, DVI, HDMI?

Widget

mikebake
05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Actually, maybe component, S video, and DVI. i know, sounds weird.

Mr. Widget
05-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Actually, maybe component, S video, and DVI. i know, sounds weird.Do you need a matrix switcher.. i.e., do you need to be able to send the signal to any one of multiple displays.

I thought we might have an old switcher in our pile of gear pulled from jobs and came up empty handed, let me know if it needs to be a matrix switcher and I'll check with some vendors and see what is still available with these legacy formats... adding matrix switching capability adds significantly to the cost.

Widget