PDA

View Full Version : K110-4 in bass amp?

beuoy
04-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi all, just looking through some older gear I acquired and I found 2 K110 at 4 ohms in a sealed box about 1.66 cubic feet. It has been used in a bass guitar rig on a hartke model 5000 Amp. First of all I'm sure these are not rated for near that much power, 75 watts I believe. Second I've only seen this speaker in guitar amps. They both sound ok but I was getting some resonance around 440 or A on the bass. this is what lead to pulling the speakers and finding that they were K110s. Is there a way to date them ? Serial #s 10114 and 10129 and they are both 4 ohm.

Other than sounding a little crisp is there a real issue with running these in a bass rig? I have a '66 Super Reverb I could try them in. Could mix them with a couple orig anicos or some Webber's I've been playing with. Will these fit if I put them on the bottom? Oh yea there 4 ohm. Not sure how I would wire them to get 2 ohm. Maybe just the two by them self like a Vibrolux Reverb.:eek:

Oh well, just thinking aloud.

maxwedge
04-23-2011, 09:35 PM
K series, early to mid 70's. As I remember E's were showing around 78,79 or 80.
Ampeg used 10's in the SVT cabs but they had 8 in one cabinet. You should get more highs out of the JBL but, IMO I'd be careful using a bass with those with only two K110. Their creamy for guitar.:bouncy: