PDA

View Full Version : Search issue

Don C
04-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I was doing some searching for some old post this morning, it's not going so well. What I'm seeing is that all results for post authorssearches are showing only thread starters, not replies. So for example searching for threads that I've replied to is impossible, I can only see threads that I've started.

SEAWOLF97
04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I was doing some searching for some old post this morning, it's not going so well. What I'm seeing is that all results for post authorssearches are showing only thread starters, not replies. So for example searching for threads that I've replied to is impossible, I can only see threads that I've started.

I hear you , Don ...have given up on forum searches and go to Google/advanced and search on specific site http://www.audioheritage.org . works much better than the native feature...;)

DavidF
04-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Try this. Go into any forum. Look for the "Forum Tools" and the "Search Forum" twisties about mid screen far right. Under the Search Forum highlight "Show Posts" and enter into Advanced Search. Make sure you highlight Search All Open Forums and show results as posts.

yggdrasil
04-25-2011, 12:46 AM
- Click into "advanced search".
- Click on the tab "Searc single content type"

There you will find "Show results as posts".

Good luck.