PDA

View Full Version : JBL HT1 THX Certified

dadox
04-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi there!
I've made some search on this forum about the 7-channel system HT1 THX Certified. Am I a white fly? Am I the only one that has this 7-speakers monster in a living room? :confused::confused: :bouncy: :D

hjames
04-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi there!
I've made some search on this forum about the 7-channel system HT1 THX Certified. Am I a white fly? Am I the only one that has this 7-speakers monster in a living room? :confused::confused: :bouncy: :D

I dunno - give us a bit more details - is this a home-theatre-in-a-box system, or is it something completely different?

I did find another thread here on the HT1 system

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?26230

Oh, and I did find a picture from a for-sale- site ...

We have 7 JBL speakers in our TV room ...
this shows the fronts ... 2 studio monitors with an LC1 in the center ...

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=50701&d=1301690563

(http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?26230)

Titanium Dome
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi there!

The JBL HT1 THX system shared some history and components with two other THX certified systems of the time: Fosgate Audionics THX Surround System and Citation THX 5 series and 7 series systems.

Slare
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
There's four of them subs, pretty beat up, floating around the metro Detroit area.

I saw them posted for $50 at one point.

Then free a month later.

Then $500 a month after that (guy has balls).

Currently I think they are posted for trades.

Personally, though I have never heard them, I have never liked the idea of two tweeters and figure this system is pretty dated at this point, especially the subs.

JBL 4645
04-22-2011, 07:30 AM
The JBL HT1 THX system shared some history and components with two other THX certified systems of the time: Fosgate Audionics THX Surround System and Citation THX 5 series and 7 series systems.

Isn’t 11channels I mean “its 1 extra” :D

The Harman Kardon AVP1a has 11 outputs, only you get 7 JBL loudspeakers. Were the JBL HT THX sold as separates as well I man if you wanted two more extra subs for rear back and two extra surrounds, I thought you’d have to spend another £10.000grand sigh!

I only have x1 JB: HT1F THX it’s a bit buggered on the HF tweeter side DIE HARD (1988) buggered the tweeters up when I was testing it around 1999 when I paid, I think £50.00 pounds. The shop had x2 more that they sold to another customer and that really pissed me right off, because I told the shop to hold on to them for me.

Where can you get hold of spare tweeter parts for the JBL HT-1F?

OP is going to have fun :D looking for these rare JBL home THX HT for many months they rarely ever turn up on ebay at decent (buy now) price often the seller is too greedy and wants close to grand for the whole set. The frigging AVP1a sold for just £1500.00 and I pick that up early this year for £65.00 still working after nearly 20 years.

I guess Harman built them to last back then! :p

Personally I think the JBL HT THX should have sold for £1,150.00 not £10grand!
£150.00 for each LCR
£100.00 for each surround even thou that price is RIP OFF
£250.00 for each sub

So, in decent honest world today you’d be looking at £400.00 (or less) second hand in good condition.

Boston, Snail and even B&W and many more loudspeaker manufactures were all, jumping on the THX home cinema bandwagon in the early to mid 1990’s for “piece of the action”. It was feeding frenzy each THX set often sold for near £10grand. Some of the cinema PA THX loudspeakers ether sold for £200.00 for each surround stage channels around £1,800.00 each subs around £800 to £1grand, amps around £1,500.00 each.

So do the math on the cinema certified THX loudspeakers and you might as well buy x3 sets of stage fronts and a few surrounds and a couple of subs for near or just shy over £10grand!

For around £8,200.00 you can have just the loudspeakers
x3 LCR
x6 surrounds
x2 subs

Then try placing JBL 4675/A on top of the CRT and watch the colour turn to crap! LOL yeah placement for these monstrosities would be impractical in the home they just wouldn’t fit. So, JBL makes HT-THX and puts a hefty price tag on it. Its small versatile and easy to install and offers great sonic coverage for that THX wet-dream experience that you got at the cinema with Dolby 70mm prints.:p