PDA

View Full Version : Silvery Grey Grill cloth

vettedrummer
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know a source for the grill cloth that JBL used on the XPL series of speakers? Looks like it might be the same stuff they used on the K2 S5800. I'd like to find some if anyone has a lead. Thank you. Cheers, Frank

bigbrown
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
hi I recently bought a pair of jbl xpl200s and xpl140 unfortunately the shop I bought them from threw the xpl 200 grills away 2weeks ago because a pin was broke off and cloth was not perfect they didn't know they could be fixed im considering having new grills made did you find the silver cloth or does anyone have xpl grills theyd sell

BMWCCA
01-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Were you the Craig's List buyer or seller of the Goldsboro XPLs?

vettedrummer
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
No, I'm in Michigan. I sold mine to a gent from Tn!
Were you the Craig's List buyer or seller of the Goldsboro XPLs?

BMWCCA
01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
No, I'm in Michigan. I sold mine to a gent from Tn!

I was asking the new member from Goldsboro, NC. :)

gferrell
01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
He was the seller. His name is Robbie and he is a good guy. The ones he has were subjected to high humidity and the drivers had not been checked. These are xpl200 and 140's with aluminum vc and may not last long if they work at all now. I almost bought them but the oxidation and rust on the baskets did not look right. I did not want to spend money just to get them home and find out the the drivers were bad or did not last long.

BMWCCA
01-09-2014, 11:45 PM
He was the seller. His name is Robbie and he is a good guy. The ones he has were subjected to high humidity and the drivers had not been checked. These are xpl200 and 140's with aluminum vc and may not last long if they work at all now. I almost bought them but the oxidation and rust on the baskets did not look right. I did not want to spend money just to get them home and find out the the drivers were bad or did not last long.

To be clear, he bought them less than two-weeks ago and he's already listing them for sale? Do we assume he wants the grilles to make them easier to flip?
:dont-know:

gferrell
01-10-2014, 06:56 AM
They are no longer listed for sale, maybe he decided to restore them for himself. the 140's are still listed.

gferrell
01-12-2014, 03:11 PM
I spoke with Robbie yesterday and he has decided restore the XPL200's and keep them as his main music speakers. I am going to help him with the re-foam job. I am glad he is keeping them so I can at least hear them when done. So welcome Robbie to LH and he may have questions someone can answer. Although, he has done a lot of research him self. He did ask about the DX1 and I told him good luck finding one. The only one I have seen is some guy in Venezuela has one with, XPL200 cards, on their version flebay or something. I know some one posted one they built and the schematics don't look too complicated so maybe he can have one built.