PDA

View Full Version : Raj Gupta

03-08-2011, 06:49 AM
A member of the board at Harman is in hot water. What is his relationship to the CEO?

Maron Horonzakz
03-08-2011, 06:53 AM
You tell me ?????

03-08-2011, 07:06 AM
You tell me ?????

I am not sure. However, they both joined the company at around the same time. I am not suggesting that they any special relationship based on them being of Asian decent. That is not relevant. However, it is disturbing that a member of the board has been acused of insider trading.

4313B
03-08-2011, 07:31 AM
However, it is disturbing that a member of the board has been acused of insider trading.I was a wee bit more disturbed when Wall Street *** ****** this country and then had the audacity to charge it for services rendered. I couldn't care less about Raj at this point. He should go free just like all the other ***** ******* did.

"flagrant insider trading" :rotfl: What a joke! :rotfl: Like any of it matters at this point. These ***** slay me. :rotfl:

JBLAddict
03-08-2011, 11:51 AM

was able to figure out the first one, but the other two I'm still working on through trial and error:D

hjames
03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
was able to figure out the first one, but the other two I'm still working on through trial and error:D

The guys on Top Gear (British) have some colourful phrases that might fit in there!

JBLAddict
03-08-2011, 12:11 PM
I am not suggesting that they any special relationship based on them being of Asian decent.

then I'll suggest it, that's simply how a lot of this **** works......it's called ethnic nepotism, and anyone who denies it has no real experience.

in my engineering practice it's comical to watch how hiring managers exclusively recruit candidates of their ethnicity....I've seen it for 20years in semiconductors at multiple companies, and as the % of foreign engineers climb and these folks have risen in rank, the practice has grown by leaps and bounds. I've see sub-groups of 5-15 people comprised of nothing but folks from either Korea, China, India, Vietnam, etc, without a single exception, odds-wise this is statistically impossible!

maybe it's having former relationships, maybe its comfort with language and cultural values, maybe a lot of reasons, but it's very real nonetheless, and you can judge for yourself what's right and wrong/ where this practice falls on ethics....but it's no coincidence that Gupta was leaking to Rajaratnam, plain and simple.....the first time I read that story last month there was really no surprise.

SEAWOLF97
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
then I'll suggest it, that's simply how a lot of this **** works......it's called ethnic nepotism, and anyone who denies it has no real experience.

in my engineering practice it's comical to watch how hiring managers exclusively recruit candidates of their ethnicity....I've seen it for 20years in semiconductors at multiple companies, and as the % of foreign engineers climb and these folks have risen in rank, the practice has grown by leaps and bounds. I've see sub-groups of 5-15 people comprised of nothing but folks from either Korea, China, India, Vietnam, etc, without a single exception, odds-wise this is statistically impossible!

maybe it's having former relationships, maybe its comfort with language and cultural values, maybe a lot of reasons, but it's very real nonetheless, and you can judge for yourself what's right and wrong/ where this practice falls on ethics....but it's no coincidence that Gupta was leaking to Rajaratnam, plain and simple.....the first time I read that story last month there was really no surprise.

when I worked at Jones Farm (Intel R&D) ...there were many, many Indians ..I always had very positive experiences with them, hard workers ......became friendly with one and asked abt their large numbers .....aside from all the good worker attributes, he mentioned something I hadn't thought of..

They are here on H-1B visas .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_visas) under the Immigration and Nationality Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act), section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_worker) in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the United States.

They like it here of course, and toe the line more than uppity US workers and think that any minor infraction will get them sent home. :eek:

LATER:

I also worked at a company that was a subsidiary of Hawker-Siddeley AeroSpace , the company officers were Irish, Welsh , Brits and Canadians ....best working environment that I've been in (outside of Intel) ...manager was Chinese ....great guy ....I was a tech analyst , if I got stuck , he frequently ended up on the floor with me and hardware spread everywhere and sleeves rolled up..

miss that place - Consolidated Sawmill Machinery International - computer controlled mobile sawmills.

Mr. Widget
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
.....it's called ethnic nepotism, and anyone who denies it has no real experience.So what do we call favoring 6' and 6'+ white dudes like ourselves?

Widget

hjames
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
So what do we call favoring 6' and 6'+ white dudes like ourselves?

Widget

Sexism :D

(just kidding - I say that playfully, guys ...)

4313B
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Sexism :D

(just kidding - I say that playfully, guys ...)

:rotfl: :applaud:

Titanium Dome
03-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Widget

Water Polo.

richluvsound
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm with D on this one.... No amount of rage is going to make the slightest difference to the whole ! I have my thoughts .... I will not give away anymore of my freedom by harbouring a constant anger towards the ..... at the top . It helps me to remember they work for the banks. If, however, we were to unite against it with a well thought out plan ,I'd commit whole heartedly .

I have to admire the recent uprisings in the middle east ; this is what we will have to do if things are to change.

In the meantime , I have my friends ,and those close to me that deserve my love and respect ...
This is the third world philosophy I will need to practice to preserve any serenity in the new world .

There will be a revolution in the west . It wont happen in my life time , but I do wish it every success !

BTW , The boss of Barclays bank has just been given a 6.5 million bonus for the year ... I hope he enjoys it ... I cant imagine that kind of money making up for the fact that 95% of the population wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire . But , then again , I'm a better kind of HUMAN BEING

Rich

JBLAddict
03-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Widget

Just IME, those that are now 3rd, 4th, 5th.....generation 'mericans tend to look more openly for "candidates" by qualifications first, where ever they may find it. Whereas those who are still 1st generation tend to cling tighter to their roots. Again, not taking a position of judgement, just citing what I've seen

Maron Horonzakz
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM
It seems like alot of back biteing going on here,,,Get back to work..