PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading N1200 Speaker Connectors

Cooljjay
03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Ok, let me just start off by saying, I have yet to find a stock speaker cabinet that has an easy to connect speaker terminal. I just got a pair of 001 in an olympus cabinet. I am using standard monster cable. 3 of 4 spring loaded terminals are missing the springs. The holes don't go all the way through and I cannot connect the speaker wire to them. The weight of the wire pulls it off the post. I have alligator clips holding the wire on the terminals now. Does anyone have an ides on how to get a good connection to the post? I am thinking of just soldering the speaker wire onto alligator clamps.

Eaulive
03-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Ok, let me just start off by saying, I have yet to find a stock speaker cabinet that has an easy to connect speaker terminal. I just got a pair of 001 in an olympus cabinet. I am using standard monster cable. 3 of 4 spring loaded terminals are missing the springs. The holes don't go all the way through and I cannot connect the speaker wire to them. The weight of the wire pulls it off the post. I have alligator clips holding the wire on the terminals now. Does anyone have an ides on how to get a good connection to the post? I am thinking of just soldering the speaker wire onto alligator clamps.
Neutrik Speakon, and be done with it :D

Don C
03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
The same terminals were used on a lot of vintage drivers, and in that application they received a lot less use and abuse. I have a growing collection of blown LE5-2s with those connectors.