PDA

View Full Version : Looking for great mid bass driver / design

Joespride
02-24-2011, 03:15 AM
A friend tweaked my interest. We love horn speakers but it seems with horns there always accompanys a big to very big cabinet for the midbass. Now I know there are alot of tiny box speakers out here that play good music down into the 40 hz range I still want to keep some punch so I'm thinking a 12" driver in a medium size box should work I want this box to cover 40 hz up to 270 hz to be fast and articulate with good punch / impact. Any suggestions for a good jbl driver that should handle this range. I have a pair of k-120 drivers that I beleive should work fine but I'm looking for suggestions. Joe

Mr. Widget
02-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I'd give your K120s a try... but realize they will be lacking on the low end. The 2206 in a 2 cu ft box tuned to 40Hz will do a better job, but you have to buy a pair of woofers... PE has them for $300 ea.

Widget

Joespride
02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I'd give your K120s a try... but realize they will be lacking on the low end. The 2206 in a 2 cu ft box tuned to 40Hz will do a better job, but you have to buy a pair of woofers... PE has them for $300 ea.

Widget. I'll look into the drivers but when you say tune the box to 40 hz I know your talking about the port size and length but where can I go for the info to tune a cabinet. Is there a web site for this. Or do I have to get a program ???