PDA

View Full Version : Altec Voice of the Theater

Audiobeer
02-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Went to the coners to pick up some Drivers for my Olympus speakers when he asked if I had ever heard any of the Altec speakers. I honestly hadn't that I could remember. This guy has always been a Altec freak. So I sat down in the sweet spot and listened to both pairs. He's got a huge room 36 X 24. I was blown away. The slam on the bass hooked up to a Parasound amp was unbelievable. The mids and highs were good. I will NEVER dismiss any Altec speakers again. They were some very clean looking (Poor WAF factor) Voice of the theater speakers. They had come out of a local Theatre.
:applaud:

Rolf
02-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Well, I have heard the VOTT, in a small room, and in a large room. (Cinema) In the small room it was "terrible", but in the large room it was great! They need (and that was what they was designed for) a large room. In the small room all I could hear was the mid horn.

sheltiedave
02-05-2011, 05:35 PM
So were you out at LLoyd's place, AB?

Audiobeer
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
So were you out at LLoyd's place, AB?

Yes I was small world. Did he ever demo those for you? I know nothing about Altec drivers but he's got some that he's re-engineered with the West Plains Audio Guys. It's nice having a good Coner within a mile of my house!

Regis
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Good deal Audiobeer! I've always wanted to hear a pair of the VOTT's. Very familiar with them and gawd are they friggin' huge and ugly, though I'd say, brutish looking, as I don't mind how they look, but the WAF would be waaaay low on a pair of those! I'm glad they're large, because my girlfriend would have me living in one of them, if I brought a pair home:D.