PDA

View Full Version : 128H 128H-1 129H and recone kits

dblaxter
01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
hi everyone,
if any authorized jbl recone people could reply that would be great,my question is would jbl use the same recone kit in a basket with a magnet (motor?) structure thats has a different gap size for each or is it possible that there are some info, spec, etc. errors?
the gap for those drivers are .053" and .057" and in the consumer data they are listing that the L65b has a 129H using the C8R129H , 129H has .057" gap
on the L166/L166a has the 122A/122A-1 using the C8R129H ,but the 122A/-1 has a .053" gap
is this info correct because also the 128H (white) has a .057" gap, the 128H-1 (black) has a .053" gap, i would have thought that those would have had the same gap. only being different in color,aquaplas placement, but it looks like its more then that. i have a pair of 120ti with no woofers ,i had 1 128h-1 and a 128h basket that i was going to put a c8r128h-1 kit i have,but now i dont know if that would work or not ,i dont have them here to measure the gaps plus i cant measure thee ones that are complete.
well if someone could comment i would appreciate it
thanks to all
michael

Tootem
01-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone, regards from Finland and thank you for your superior Forum where we can get answers to nearly every question and that's why I have one particular question:
I was reading several information about 122A-1 recone alternatives and this was one of the best answers: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?776-HELP!!-128H1-kit-into-122A-frame&highlight=HELP+128H1+kit
I had the possibility to buy from a friend a pair of L166 cabinets in nearly perfect condition visually, got a pair of NOS NIB 066 and the new dustcaps for the LE5-8 are on the way from FL to Finland. But then the 122A-1 units, both are reconed but don't know when and don't know the recone spec. I always use genuine JBL recone kits NOS and now there are still the C8R128H-1 available and there are the possibility to use them with a 10 g mass ring, I understood ? There are also speakers available, for example 129H which is the preferable recone kit substitute according to the tech man. I never buy speakers from ebay because you never know what you get and in this case when the JBL C8R129H is obsolete, there is no sense in taking the risk to get a pair you cannot finally use. But because the C8R129H cone kit is the preferable in the tech manual, I have been searching for the TS-parameters but without any luck ? Can anyone help me to get this information, the TS-parameters of the JBL 129H, pls.
And if anyone have a better solution for reconing the 122A-1 speakers, pls. info !
Is it allowed to add my email address to this thread for direct contacts ?
Best regards
Tootem

edgewound
01-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone, regards from Finland and thank you for your superior Forum where we can get answers to nearly every question and that's why I have one particular question:
I was reading several information about 122A-1 recone alternatives and this was one of the best answers: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?776-HELP!!-128H1-kit-into-122A-frame&highlight=HELP+128H1+kit
I had the possibility to buy from a friend a pair of L166 cabinets in nearly perfect condition visually, got a pair of NOS NIB 066 and the new dustcaps for the LE5-8 are on the way from FL to Finland. But then the 122A-1 units, both are reconed but don't know when and don't know the recone spec. I always use genuine JBL recone kits NOS and now there are still the C8R128H-1 available and there are the possibility to use them with a 10 g mass ring, I understood ? There are also speakers available, for example 129H which is the preferable recone kit substitute according to the tech man. I never buy speakers from ebay because you never know what you get and in this case when the JBL C8R129H is obsolete, there is no sense in taking the risk to get a pair you cannot finally use. But because the C8R129H cone kit is the preferable in the tech manual, I have been searching for the TS-parameters but without any luck ? Can anyone help me to get this information, the TS-parameters of the JBL 129H, pls.
And if anyone have a better solution for reconing the 122A-1 speakers, pls. info !
Is it allowed to add my email address to this thread for direct contacts ?
Best regards
Tootem

I can reproduce the 122A-1 recone kit with very good accuracy of the T/S parameters. I can also reproduce the 128H-1, although the kits is current, as well as the 129H. The main difference of the 129H is the black aquaplas is applied to the rear of the cone in place of the mass ring.

Please contact me if this is of interest to you.

Thank you.

Ken Haerr