PDA

View Full Version : JBL European L series Speakers

paragon
11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
From 1999 brochure, the last real JBL`s ever made exept the K.., D 6...:D

polar_bear_0104
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
i own quite a bit of this L series from denmark which I put in a home theater set-up of my parents' home in Asia.

I have 1 pair of L90s and 3 pairs of L40s... the L40s are in 6.1 surround set-up, with customized stands..amazing uniformity in soundfield...it's reinforced by and M&K push-pull sub.

the tweeters of the L90s were poked by a rambunctious nephew...i don't think a replacement is available. i think i have a picture of the theatre somewhere...

i remember this line was well received in the UK and German press. Paul Messenger of Hi-fi choice recommended both models highly. The L90 was even in the 1994 cover issue of hi-fi choice, winning the group test against dynaudio, naim, audiovector and tannoy speakers.

tom1040
11-22-2010, 04:59 PM
i own quite a bit of this L series from denmark which I put in a home theater set-up of my parents' home in Asia.

I have 1 pair of L90s and 3 pairs of L40s... the L40s are in 6.1 surround set-up, with customized stands..amazing uniformity in soundfield...it's reinforced by and M&K push-pull sub.

the tweeters of the L90s were poked by a rambunctious nephew...i don't think a replacement is available. i think i have a picture of the theatre somewhere...

i remember this line was well received in the UK and German press. Paul Messenger of Hi-fi choice recommended both models highly. The L90 was even in the 1994 cover issue of hi-fi choice, winning the group test against dynaudio, naim, audiovector and tannoy speakers.

Nice. I would like to hear. How are those S/3100's treating you?:bouncy:

gferrell
11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Euro L's? I did not know there were such things. Learn something every day. Nice looking speakers. Pretty cool!

paragon
11-23-2010, 03:45 PM
L-Test :)

polar_bear_0104
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
oh this L series brings back memories....

i remember their sonic balance was more European than U.S. the bass is subtle, deep but not as punchy as its U.S. cousins ex. SVA series. this L series is friendlier to rooms, it can be situated closer to walls with little sonic penalty. the mid is delightfully open, a little coloured but still fun to listen to.

solidly built and can go loud. the L40 in particular, because it was shorter can really make some strong first impression, its woofer being close to the floor.

paragon
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Love it,:bouncy:

Titanium Dome
01-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Are you going for the world's record on posting images of that speaker series? :D

It might be a candidate for a thread of its own, where we could access the info without burying it in this thread. :yes: All the European models from Germany, France, and Denmark should be represented somewhere.

hjames
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
This thread is for the European L series of speakers,
such as the L40, the L90 and the L100 speakers.
These attractive speakers, sadly, were not for sale in the US market.

BMWCCA
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
This thread really should be combined with this one, or at least have this link in it!: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?8694-JBL-L-90

which included images of the brochure. :thmbsup: