PDA

View Full Version : Bose 1801 Power Amp

Darrell 514
12-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Group

I have a Bose 1801 power amp that I would like to sell. I am wondering what it would be worth? It is in good working order, the left channel transistor blew (took out my speaker) and Bose repaired the amp. I can e-mail pictures if anyone would like to see it. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Thanks, Darrell

doodlebug
12-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Exactly how long ago did Bose repair this amp? They do have a following and you can find more discussions about them over at Audiokarma.org in the Solid State section.

Given that this was not a high-volume product, you'll find many who do not know that Bose even made gear like this in the 70s.

Cheers,

David

Darrell 514
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Exactly how long ago did Bose repair this amp? They do have a following and you can find more discussions about them over at Audiokarma.org in the Solid State section.

Given that this was not a high-volume product, you'll find many who do not know that Bose even made gear like this in the 70s.

Cheers,

David

The amp was repaired in 93 and the repair order said Q14 failed and caused R3, C3 and CR15 to short or open. The amp has been powering my custom made JBLs since then.

Thanks Darrell

Eaulive
01-26-2011, 07:09 PM
The amp was repaired in 93 and the repair order said Q14 failed and caused R3, C3 and CR15 to short or open. The amp has been powering my custom made JBLs since then.

Thanks Darrell

And you're not scared?
I refuse to put any speaker on an amp that has no DC protection :scold: