PDA

View Full Version : JBL c50 SM S8 Studio Monitors :

David V. Webber
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I drove over to New Jersey yesterday , to " Rescue " a pair . One of the two had
gotten wet from a leaking - roof . [ I would have put a tarp over it if it were mine ,
but my twin - brother was too lazy . ] Anyway , the one that had been wet came
apart at the joints of the cabinet . [ 3/4" wood - composite of some sort . ] The
grill also was not worth saving . So , from that one , I have the front panel with the
15" Woofer , 375 Mid - Range / Slant - Plate Lens , and the Ring - Radiator. Also
have the rear panel with the two Cross - Over Units. The other C50SM is fine ; grill
and everything .

They came plain Birch Veneer . We stained them a Light Walnut . Attractive .

I'm probably going to do a " Best Offer In ( some number of months ) thing . Hard to decide how long , with Christmas just ahead ! They are LARGE and VERY heavy ! If
a person wants them , they would have to pick them up . I don't have the facilities to
crate them so that they could stand rough truck - handling !

I live in Chadds Ford , PA , 19317. 20 Miles West of Philadelphia , and 10 Miles North of Wilmington , Delaware .

David V. Webber 610 - 793 - 1129

David V. Webber
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
The Serial Number of one of them is : 52519 , if that is of any value . DVW

hjames
11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
One of the two had gotten wet from a leaking - roof ... the one that had been wet came apart at the joints of the cabinet.
I have the front panel with the 15" Woofer , 375 Mid - Range / Slant - Plate Lens , and the Ring - Radiator -
and the rear panel with the two Cross - Over Units. The grill was not worth saving .

The other C50SM is fine ; grill and everything .

David

Pictures would help your sales thread - otherwise, with the leaky roof and damaged cabinet, they sound very scarey!

David V. Webber
11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
The Serial Number of one of them is : 52519 , if that is of any value . DVW

The serial number of the one I had to take apart is : 52518 .

Now I remember , when we bought them . They were assembled with
matched components . DVW

hjames
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM
:dead_horse::useless: