PDA

View Full Version : EVEREST DD66000/K29900/LS SERIES in Toronto Canada

ronaltronics
11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I just thought if anyone is Interested in these JBL models North of the Border in Toronto/Canada They are welcome to contact us for a Private Audition.

www.altronicsstereo2000.com (http://www.altronicsstereo2000.com)

ronaltronics
11-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Good news,one of my customers let me know there is finally some type of review on the K2-9900. This is great news for me so as soon as I have the issue I will inform the thread.
All I know for now it is a british magazine.

JBLAddict
11-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Good news,one of my customers let me know there is finally some type of review on the K2-9900. This is great news for me so as soon as I have the issue I will inform the thread.

I'll be here on the couch waiting :D

ronaltronics
12-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Wishful thinking for Christmas..

I Wish Jbl would have some loudspeakers between LS-80 and Array1400's also I wish they would fill the gap between Array 1400's and K2-9900. We do not need alot of models just a few would be fine.:crying:

timc
12-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Wishful thinking for Christmas..

I Wish Jbl would have some loudspeakers between LS-80 and Array1400's also I wish they would fill the gap between Array 1400's and K2-9900. We do not need alot of models just a few would be fine.:crying:

Isn't this where the 4xxx models come in, along with the S4600 ?

The monitor series is beeing released in Europe around this time.

4313B
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Isn't this where the 4xxx models come in, along with the S4600 ?

The monitor series is beeing released in Europe around this time.There's a new model coming out to replace the S4800, probably something similar to the 4365 would be my guess.

ronaltronics
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I have asked reapeatedly to purchase these JBL models. I guess being in Canada there is some conflict unknown to me in getting those models. I have been a JBL dealer for 35 years and never could figure it out. Let me know how much shipping is from Norway.... Just kidding.

timc
12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I have asked reapeatedly to purchase these JBL models. I guess being in Canada there is some conflict unknown to me in getting those models. I have been a JBL dealer for 35 years and never could figure it out. Let me know how much shipping is from Norway.... Just kidding.

The 4xxx series have previously been unobtainable in Europe as well. It us just about to change. It could well happen that they will be available to you in Canada as well during the winter.

BTW. Boat shipping from Japan is quite cheap. I was quoted $600 for a pair of 4344. That was 3 weeks shipping time.

4313B
12-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I have asked reapeatedly to purchase these JBL models.And what has been the response when you've asked? :blink:

ronaltronics
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
They never gave me any reason other than they were not available for the North american market. I guess it is only available for certain areas in the world.

JBLAddict
12-03-2010, 05:24 PM
There's a new model coming out to replace the S4800, probably something similar to the 4365 would be my guess.

I had a solid listen of the S4800 in Japan in 2009, and it was in a word, stunning, near indistinguishable from the 4338 heard at the same joint, both an excellent spend of $13K :bouncy:

ronaltronics
12-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Here is my situation. I need a speaker similar to the ARRAY 1400'S in a full cabinet such as the mentioned S-4600 etc.

polar_bear_0104
12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
i was going through the harman japan website today and feeling pretty envious that they have so much choice in that part of the world. s, ts, blue monitors..sigh..

ronaltronics
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Well Being a dealer and having the Everest DD66000/K2 9900/Array 1400/LS-series I am pretty happy. It would just be nice to fill the gaps in prices Between these models.

www.altronicsstereo2000.com (http://www.altronicsstereo2000.com)

Valentin
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM

did this happen

ronaltronics
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
It is in a British magazine called

Hi-fi news I purchased a copy. It's in the yearbook 2010 copy.

ronaltronics
12-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh yes I forgot to mention this issue is a must have for you.....

The last quote of the review say's it all.

Glad you enjoy your 9900's so much.

Just wanted to wish all of you a happy holidays, And that I really enjoy the forum.....(Titanium,Widget,etc.)

ronaltronics
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Why is it most people think all horn type loudspeakers are the same. I have been doing this a long time and never really understood this. Horn is really only the lens device be it Tractrix or Bi-radial etc. I think people need to stop referring to these types of speakers as horn loudspeakers.

A compression driver is a compression driver
A cone driver is a cone driver
A electrostatic is an electrostatic

But they get away with a cone driver on a horn lens is a horn loudspeaker.........

Robh3606
01-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Not sure what you mean? A compression driver is a compression driver and all but a compression driver doesn't work without a horn/waveguide. Anyone who has any real experience with horns knows all to well that they don't sound the same. The myth that they all sound the same is one of those audiophile dogmas that gets rammed down everyones throats. You know if it is repeated enough it must be true.

Rob:)

ronaltronics
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Let me clarify this. What I meant was, to me a compression driver attached to a throat adaptor attached to a horn lens is a true horn type loudspeaker. Maybe even less the throat adaptor would be the true item.

Maybe I am bias on this topic but I think a cone driver attached to a horn lens is really not the real deal.

Valentin
01-18-2011, 07:50 AM
i think the definition is the main issue

a wave guide is a horn as it couples it too the air around the driver and changes the directivity

Horn: An expanding acoustical waveguide in front of a loudspeaker driver, or compression driver, that shapes the wavefront of the sound as it radiates away from the source. This allows designers to control vertical and horizontal dispersion characteristics, essential to achieving good audience coverage in sound reinforcement systems, and increasingly used to finesse the frequency-dependent directivity of consumer loudspeakers to improve sound quality. Being acoustical transformers, horns can also improve the acoustical efficiency of the drivers. See: Compression Driver, Driver, Directivity, Throat.

Compression Driver: A loudspeaker driver especially designed to drive a horn. The name derives from the fact that the sound radiating from a diaphragm is forced through a phase plug to a smaller opening (i.e. compressed) at the throat, or beginning, of the horn expansion. See: Phase Plug

ronaltronics
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I think there are alot more ad's in the audio magazines from Harman today. I personally think they should put one specific product in these ad's at a time.

I asked my wife a simple question. If you were going to investigate a Jbl speaker what site would you visit. She replied JBL.com of course.

So here are my thoughts. If the Ls series is only on the Sythesis site, and she does like the look of those because I have shown her then she will not end up seeing them. They need to put the LS series on both sites to gain more exposure for the product,and maybe sales will increase IMO.

ronaltronics
03-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Well the Montreal audio show will soon be upon us. Does anyone from the Forum attend this?