PDA

View Full Version : Woofer Refoams in Florida.

Don Mascali
11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I recently picked up a pair of 4412A's for $225 that were really nice but needed foam. I also have a pair of L100t3's that have finally given up too. I gathered up the 128H-1's and the 2214's and took them up to The Speaker Exchange in Tampa, FL. for repair.

These guy's have been well recommended here on the Forum, and are a 45 minute drive away. I decided to let them do it as I don't seem to have the patience required to do a good job. I will share my experiance with them when I pick them up.

BMWCCA
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I hope you're enjoying life in Florida!

Just wondering, considering his email address/ISP, how close Rick Cobb [email protected] might be to you, and what his suggestion might be?

All the best, and good luck with the restorations.

Don Mascali
11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I took the one hour drive up to Tampa to pick up the woofers today. They were ready on Friday (7 days after drop off). Life happens and I finally got the time to go.
The work is excellent, resonably priced and they are good people to deal with. I installed the drivers this afternoon and gave both sets a workout. All is as it should be and I have a renewed appreciation for Vintage JBL of all types.
I would recommend them without reservation.

Triumph Don
11-18-2010, 02:55 PM
May I ask, what was the total parts/labor price?

Don Mascali
11-18-2010, 08:59 PM
The price was $58.50 each, which includes parts, labor and sales tax.