PDA

View Full Version : Hartsfields found in basement... seriously

MickeyFinn
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
The link below is to a story that appeared in today's Vancouver Sun newspaper.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/still+tiki+time+Vancouver+Waldorf+Hotel/3740398/story.html

The newspaper story describes a classic 1950's "Tiki Lounge" in an exceptionally well preserved little hotel here in Vancouver that has just been restored and is about to reopen. That is what the article is about... but what left my jaw dropping was when I read in the article that the current lounge owners discovered a pair of JBL Hartsfields in the basement.

JBL Dog
10-28-2010, 10:12 PM
The link below is to a story that appeared in today's Vancouver Sun newspaper.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/still+tiki+time+Vancouver+Waldorf+Hotel/3740398/story.html

The newspaper story describes a classic 1950's "Tiki Lounge" in an exceptionally well preserved little hotel here in Vancouver that has just been restored and is about to reopen. That is what the article is about... but what left my jaw dropping was when I read in the article that the current lounge owners discovered a pair of JBL Hartsfields in the basement.

From the article:

Bob Mills also bought state-of-the-art speakers for his hotel back in the mid-50s. They're called JBL Lansing Hartfields, and are simply huge.

"They're literally the best speakers that were being made at that time," said Anselmi. "Consequently some of the best speakers that have ever been made."

Anselmi found them while poking around the Waldorf basement, plugged them in and found they still sound killer. He plans to install them as part of a vintage music system in the lounge. Record collectors will play vinyl records on turntables, which will be hooked up to tube amplifiers and the JBLs.

spkrman57
10-29-2010, 08:55 AM
And cool that he intends to spin vinyl and use tube amps on them!

Ron

Rolf
10-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Miracles still happens.

jcrobso
10-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Fascinating story, this would be neat place to visit!:D

tomee
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Great story, and I think it's fantastic that whoever found the speakers knew enough to find out what they were! Thanks for sharing that with us!