PDA

View Full Version : Array 1400 help

jasonyeo
10-28-2010, 02:38 AM
My 435AI-1 driver on one of the Array 1400 has some sort of distortion . The dealer is kind enough to provide me a new driver but I need to swap myself . As such , do anyone has the instruction manual on how to swap it ?

Thanks thanks.

Robh3606
10-28-2010, 03:47 AM
It looks like you have to remove the HF assembly and then remove the HF assembly back shell to get at the 4 bolts holding the driver to the horn. I have no idea how to get the horn back shell open and it doesn't tell you in the DIY sheet for the 1400 on the JBL Synthesis site. Try calling them.

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/1400%20array%20ts.pdf

Good Luck Rob:)

jasonyeo
10-28-2010, 04:40 AM
It looks like you have to remove the HF assembly and then remove the HF assembly back shell to get at the 4 bolts holding the driver to the horn. I have no idea how to get the horn back shell open and it doesn't tell you in the DIY sheet for the 1400 on the JBL Synthesis site. Try calling them.

Good Luck Rob:)

Thanks . This is also my main concern :crying: By looking at the driver , I understand the 4 bolts but not sure if there is any latch that I need to be careful if force to open horn back shell :(

Mr. Widget
10-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I have not attempted to disassemble one, but when I had the horn off and was assembling the horn to the base I did look up inside the cavity out of basic curiosity and did see the bolts that hold the unit together. I believe if you remove the Array name plate, loosen those two screws and the third small screw at the back, if it is installed, then carefully unplug the horn and remove it, you should be able to look up into the bottom of the horn cavity and see how it goes together.

Good luck,

Widget

jasonyeo
10-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Done :D

The front portion of the horn is held to the rear section by push pins similar to a speaker grill.
Lay the horn on a table face down and pull back portion away from front portion. Sounds simple but the pulling is not easy :p

andywin
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
It's little gems of info like this that make this forum a valuable asset

tom1040
10-29-2010, 08:00 AM
It's little gems of info like this that make this forum a valuable asset

Agreed.