PDA

View Full Version : Correct JBL factory/corporate address?

AmericanPie
10-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I live about 30 minutes from the old JBL headquarters and plan on driving by there sometime. I have (2) addresses for JBL:

3249 Casitas Ave.
Los Angeles

8400 Balboa Ave.
Northridge

I "think" the old factory is the Northridge address; is the L.A. address the corporate headquarters and offices? What can I expect to see at each location, today?

I'll snap a few photos and post them if anybody's interested. :bouncy:

Mr. Widget
10-27-2010, 09:41 AM
The Casitas address is from the early 70s. JBL has been in Northridge on Balboa since the mid 70s.

What will you see? A bunch of buildings that were once an RCA (?) factory and then JBL's factory, and now mostly empty or leased to other companies. In the main JBL building they have a Paragon sitting in the lobby and possibly another speaker or two and that is likely all you will see.

Widget

Titanium Dome
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The Casitas address is from the early 70s. JBL has been in Northridge on Balboa since the mid 70s.

What will you see? A bunch of buildings that were once an RCA (?) factory and then JBL's factory, and now mostly empty or leased to other companies. In the main JBL building they have a Paragon sitting in the lobby and possibly another speaker or two and that is likely all you will see.

Widget

That's not entirely fair. He'll see the security guard and the receptionist, too. :rotfl:

Titanium Dome
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I live about 30 minutes from the old JBL headquarters and plan on driving by there sometime.

8400 Balboa Ave.
Northridge

I'll snap a few photos and post them if anybody's interested. :bouncy:

Wdiget's correct, it's on Balboa, but you need to go in the 8500 Balboa driveway, not 8400 as you've written. You'll need to proceed to the rear of the campus, and there are actually two "JBL" entrances.

The one with gold JBL letters over it goes into the JBL Pro section, and there are some nice Pro displays in there if the receptionist will let you view them.

The entrance in the corner of the building (by the circle drive) goes into the consumer area, where there will be a few JBL pieces on display, plus the security guard and another (usually male) receptionist. There are a couple of things to look at there, but as Widget says, it's not a lot. Sometimes you can grab a free copy of the Harman International magazine.

Ask before you take any pictures. Inside is usually fine, but sometimes they're a little touchy about pictures outside. It used to be a really cool place, but now it's more like a ghost town.

rdgrimes
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
So it's going to eventually be a mail drop box at the local UPS Store?