PDA

View Full Version : I have something I want to sell... 802D & 803B

Hillhikerz
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
I put these up for sale on Craig's list, 2 weeks now and have gotten zero response, are they worth anything and who might be interested in the greater SF Bay Area... any help would be very appreciated... while I would like to make some $ my main interest is just to find a new home for them as my speaker building days are over... TIA
.................................................. ................................................
Thought I would get around to this project and build some great speakers but have not, so we are looking for a good home...

I will try and include all of my speaker building info for these and others if I can find the box... cost ? make me an offer...

I will probably keep this post going for the better part of a month or so until Nov. 15th...
& then make a decision on what to do with them... the horns need diaphragms; the woofers are in great shape are 14 inch and ~15 lbs.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hillhikerz/AltecSpeakers?authkey=Gv1sRgCNiYq8D1gunC8QE&feat=directlink

Altec Lansing Corp.
Small "Voice of the Theater" Driver (speakers)
High Frequency Compression Drivers (Speakers)
Model - 802D
Tenure - 1957 to 1972
Impedance - 16 ohms
AES Power rating - 15 watts
Recommended replacement diaphragms - (needed in both, drivers) 26420 8, 30W; 26421 16, 30W; (909 diaphragms)
Comments - Permanent magnet, small format high quality high frequency driver. Green

Low Frequency Drivers (Speakers)
Model - 803B
Tenure - 1958-1964
Impedance - 16 ohms
AES Power rating - 35 Watts
Recommended replacement diaphragm - R515 16, 75W; R515 8, 75 W
Comments - Improved bass response with new cone hinge. Excellent all-round woofer. Green in color.

louped garouv
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
i'm sure they are worth 'something'

Is it a full set? Two drivers/horns/woofers/networks.....

i would place them in the lansing classified area here on this site,
as well as in the classified area of the Altec hostboard page..

http://www.hostboard.com/forums/altec-users-board/

if no bites, I would throw them up on Ebay or something...
maybe donate them to a local organization/group
that keeps up with this stuff???

good luck!
(and welcome aboard!)

Progneta
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
The 7th picture...Thats what happens when you hook up a crown XTI 4000 to a single driver! Baaaaam and the fram is in space ;)

225jack999
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
send pics of the drivers i'm looking to by some and crossovers too!!