PDA

View Full Version : Help! What 12" JBL Woofer To Install In C-38 Baron Want Flat 3 Way

JBL Only
10-22-2010, 09:41 AM
JBL Baron C-38 Best Choice In A 12" Woofer
Hello Everyone This Is My First Post! I'm Wanting To Add A 104H-3 Mid To My Pair Of Barons,
Which I Believe Would Dictate I Need A Real Woofer To Replace My D-123A's. I Also Believe
A 12" Woofer Would Be A Better Choice In This Small Cabinet Than A LE-14A Or H Or A 15"
Woofer. I Would Appreciate Any Suggestions You All Might Have For Me! Also, I'm Assuming
I Should Also Replace The 075 Bullets With A Pair Of o 035 TI's Or 044 TI's. Any Suggestions On This Matter And Of Course I'll Need A Change In My Crossover. Wish I Had Room For A Mid Bass But, I'm Fairly Certain That's Out! What Are Your Thoughts On My Modification?
Thanks
JBL Only:confused::banghead:

Mr. Widget
10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Here are the originally suggested systems from JBL... based on these, it would seem an LE14 woofer with a mid and tweeter might work out if you have the real estate on the baffle.

Widget

JBL Only
10-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I've Seen Post On C-38 Baron Enclosures So I'm Confident Someone In The Group Would
Have A Great Recommendation For Me ! I Really Want To Make The Best Use Of These Great Cabinets. Trying To Achieve An Uncolored Response And I've Read The 12" And The 15" Drivers Normally Associated With These Cabinets Are Really Not Woofers But, Mid Bass Drivers Or
Full Range Drivers! Really Need Your Knowledgeable Assistance!
Thanks JBL Only

JBL Only
10-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Here are the originally suggested systems from JBL... based on these, it would seem an LE14 woofer with a mid and tweeter might work out if you have the real estate on the baffle.

Widget

I Sincerely Appreciate Your Response However, I've Read Here On The Forums That The Box Was Really Too Small For A 15" Driver Which, I Would Think Would Include The LE-14A. I Currently Have D-123's Which Are Considered A Full Range Speaker. The D-123A Used In
The L-100 Would Work But, It Too Is Not A True Low End Woofer. The L-100 Was A Typical Boom Boom Tweet,Tweet Speaker Which Is Great For Rock And Roll. I Sold Hunrdeds Of Them In The Day
I'm Attempting To Go Toward The Sound Of A 240TI In A Smaller Cabinet. I Have The Real-estate For A Mid . I Worked In Retail Hi-fi In The 1960's And Sold And Auditioned All Of These Classic JBL Designs Including The Famous Paragon I Also Own A Mint Pair Of Sovereign Cabinets With The S8R System. I'm New To The Forum But, Not A Novice To Audio ,Just Not Familiar With The Newer Pro Series Speaker Numbers. Should No One Respond, I Can Find The Data I'm Seeking Thought This Would Be A Little Quicker And Thought I Might Meet Some Fellow JBL Enthusiast, I Could Enjoy Chatting With. I'm Also A Licensed Technician And Soon I'll Be Completely Rebuilding A Citation 1 Pre-amp On A Brand New Citation Chassis!
Sincerely
JBL Only

jcrobso
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Look into a JBL 2206 for your woofer.
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/components/2206.pdf
You will have change to port.

spkrman57
10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
A great midbass driver for sure though!

Ron