PDA

View Full Version : question about speakers after storage/shipping , laid flat and shouldn't have been

opimax
10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I bought a pair Focal 6.5 mids for my car stereo to replace the one that got water damaged in the doors. The ones I "won" on ebay were in theory the an upgrade and only came w/the drivers , so far this is just what I wanted!

When they were shipped he placed them face down on a board and bubble wrapped, packed the box nicely, no apparent damage. Open the box all good until I unwrap and look. theses speakers have surrounds that stick out past the edge and shouldn't be pushed flat.

So when I look at them the spiders have sagged the speaker is obviously not at the correct resting point.

It has been 15 min and they have returned out a lot but not completely, the surrounds still have some flat spot, still shrinking but still there.

The big question, are they worth the 250 I paid for them now or will they be? or send them back(1st instinct)?

And any speaker that has the surrounds past the the front (14-3) which does compared to (14-1) which doesn't how sensitive to this are they being set on their face?

Does 1 moment hurt , ruin or no big deal? 1 day? 1 month?