PDA

View Full Version : 128h issues

takenodisk
09-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone,i was really excited at the idea that i could finally listen to my 4411s as they have been refoamed and stayed in storage for nearly 3 years when i noticed that one of the woofers doesn't moves freely:crying:,it still plays quite loud without any rattle or rubbing but when you push it in,it stays stuck,as you pull up the volume it get back to it's normal position.Do you think that the vc is fried?need a recone?flip 180's?in the meantime i've pulled out the driver and place it upside down.Any help or recommandations welcomed,thanks.

ratitifb
09-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Do you think that the vc is fried?probably not if "it still plays quite loud" :hmm:

need a recone??probably yes :o:

Instead of pushing the cone with fingers (i suppose ...) may i suggest feeding the 128H with a 30Hz test tone at a very high excursion ;)

takenodisk
09-28-2010, 06:52 AM
probably not if "it still plays quite loud" :hmm:

probably yes :o:

Instead of pushing the cone with fingers (i suppose ...) may i suggest feeding the 128H with a 30Hz test tone at a very high excursion ;)

Thanks Ratitifb,i'll try to put my hands on one of those test cd and give it a try,i'll do anything in order to save the white cone.Cheers Melvin.

Allanvh5150
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Or, as I have doen on a few occasions, remove the cone, fit a new spider and surround and you are like new again. That is if the VC is ok.

Allan.

takenodisk
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Or, as I have doen on a few occasions, remove the cone, fit a new spider and surround and you are like new again. That is if the VC is ok.

Allan.Hi Allan,i was thinking about that spider being worn,but thought that it needed a full recone,listen i'll take your recommandation and give it a try,by the way have you any idea of the diameter?thanks a lot for your help and your useful tips,regards MEvin

Allanvh5150
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Not sure on the diameter but I got replacement spiders and surrounds from Rick Cobb. Search for him here and you should find a contact for him. Cheers.

Allan.