PDA

View Full Version : 4333A/L300 vs. HPM-200

Jeff M
09-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't laugh at the Pioneer name too loud. I am very surprised and very delighted to say that my recent purchase of some of the big HPM-200's are right up there with my former 4333a's:blink:. I am not even running my ideal amp(Nikko Alpha VI) on them as I was on the JBL's as it is in the shop:o:. Just using a AUD-11 mkII which is 130wpc. It is a very good sounding amp, but I can't wait to wake these somewhat rare giants up with the big Nikko. Not a slam to JBL lovers as I have had many and will continue to have them from time to time. ;)

BMWCCA
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Don't laugh at the Pioneer name too loud. I am very surprised and very delighted to say that my recent purchase of some of the big HPM-200's are right up there with my former 4333a's:blink:. Are you going on your persistence of memory, or did you have them in the same room? ;)

Nice speakers, though. Pics are always appreciated!

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?10595-Clasic-speaker-shootout

Jeff M
09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I am going from what I remember about them. Not saying one is better than another. Actually, from what I have read from others, they are very close sonically. No pics as I have just started to refinish them:blink:. I have been through alot of decent speakers in my day and have a fairly good ear/recall. Off the top of my head......4333a's, RS1B's, Delta/Gammas, Talon Khorus, AR9's, La Scalas, ADS 1230's, and a host of others.:eek: