PDA

View Full Version : L110 Crossover Confirmation

Wayne
09-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi all

Thses arrive in a couple of days :bouncy:
They appear to be the original L110 & not the L110A so they will not have the biased crossover or the 111H woofer.
Ive searched this great site & havent been able to answer my following question.
Before I order all new Dayton 250v caps for the crossovers is there any thing else that can be done to the original crossovers other than replaceing the original caps.
ie) Can the original L110 crossover be upgraded to a L110A crossover while still useing the 111A woofer or do you have to stick with the 111H woofer when useing the L110A crossover. :blink:
Hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rerolls are on the way from Rick, cant wait to get into these, will be finishing the cabinets on this set with shelack/french polish, should turn out alright with a bit of luck. :applaud:

Cheers wayne :cheers:

BJL
09-20-2010, 09:38 AM
They appear to be the original L110 & not the L110A so they will not have the biased crossover
Right, they wouldn't have the bypassed crossover.

Doesn't the port tube provide a visual clue? L110A has a right angle in the tube, or vice-versa? :confused:

Hope they turn out to be everything you've hoped for.

Wayne
09-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi BJL

Thanks for pointing that out, guess I must be feeling a little biased lately, :o:, will have to bypass that. :p

They have arrived, packed to the max, very well protected, usual cabinet scratches, 1 dome slightly dented other wise not to bad considering there age. Will be posting photos covering there restoration in due time.

Yes the port is straight so I have the original L110.

My question is, would the original crossover benefit from being bypassed as per L110A crossover?
And can the original 111A driver still be used if this is done.

Cheers :cheers:

Wayne
10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi all

Thought I'd put some pic's out there now that I have the L110's.
I'm there second owner but it looks like they havent been stored to well over the last 10yrs, the most disturbing thing was the amount of corrosion on the x-overs, all terminal strips & 10w resistors had corrosion on them as did the midrange cable & termals which were barely hanging on..:blink:
Anyway theve been completely striped now, all components meter well, the re-roll kit from Rick has arrived, 2 more 033's have also arrived one of which has a perfect dome to replace the dented one & all new Dayton bits & pieces for the x-overs have made it aswell, refer to pic. For those of you that have been around this great place for a while you might recognise the cable I intend to use the only differance is that I braided it. ;)
A wee hint; he's still around & I believe the cables nickname was ZWC.