PDA

View Full Version : Mad Dogs

Alex Lancaster
08-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi:

Does anybody know what freq range drives dogs crazy?, the neighbors have some that are a pain, I have a bunch of equipment, but the transducers that will go highest are 2405H´s, maybe rig a bunch of piezo tweeters with a signal generator?.

Thanks, Alex.

Mr. Widget
08-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Might be a good excuse to buy a pair of K2-S9800s with response to 50KHz.

Widget

jtgyn
08-11-2004, 03:57 AM
G'Day Alex,

About 41Khz seems to really get them barking. (a couple of cheap piezo horns work fine.. don't risk damaging your fine JBL drivers)

This of course does not bother the dogs one little bit .. in fact they like to bark. BUT after a few weeks the owners get really annoyed and take action. (assuming they are not hearing impared)

One possible problem here is that if the dogs are a little old they are probably hearing impared and you will only get the cockroaches randy.(I am told they get a little frisky around 40Khz)

YMMV...

Regards Scott

BTW. I guess this should be "off topic" as JBL does not make piezo horns.

Alex Lancaster
08-11-2004, 06:26 AM
JT:

Thanks, exactly my idea about the owners.

Alex.

jtgyn
08-13-2004, 02:45 AM
G'Day Alex,
I must say that 99% of the time it is the owners that need changing, not the dogs.

The dogs are pack animals and leaving them alone for extended periods of time does stress them. A total lack of exercise makes them bored and stressed.

Before you spend your money on HiTec solutions, why not try offering to take the dogs for a walk? It has worked for me. ( well I am not really sure who is walking who..{whom?})

Regards Scott