PDA

View Full Version : EON problem

SMKSoundPro
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi all!

I am having a problem with one of my remaining first generation grey EON15.

I have already changed the amp before and now the speaker tends to making a good popping sound and the woofer is really excurting. It seems like an amp problem, again.

Does anyone have any other odd experiences to share with these grey EON15's?

I put in a call for a new amp. Should I also replace the input module?

Thanks all!

Scotty.

Slare
08-16-2010, 05:34 AM
If you have multiples you can swap the input module and see if the problem follows it. Was dealing with 2nd gens but I had a input module go bad once.

Tim Rinkerman
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
48 out of an order of 50 eon's we sold a couple of years ago were bad out of the box...JBL replaced the entire shipment. Some wouldn't come on at all, the rest were all noise, no signal. I would not recommend them to anyone.

mikebake
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
48 out of an order of 50 eon's we sold a couple of years ago were bad out of the box...JBL replaced the entire shipment. Some wouldn't come on at all, the rest were all noise, no signal. I would not recommend them to anyone.
I would, for the latest generation, which is the only ones I've owned. They do exactly what I need, endure night after night of transport, no failures, lightweight, and sound decent enough for lots of uses. This includes the powered subs.

BMWCCA
08-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I would, for the latest generation, which is the only ones I've owned. They do exactly what I need, endure night after night of transport, no failures, lightweight, and sound decent enough for lots of uses. This includes the powered subs.
One word: Mackie. :thmbsup:

lgvenable
08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I bought a pair of self powered EON's for our church, and couldnt send them back fast enough.
Sorry, I was ashamed to call them JBL; and to me it reflected how far the quality standards have fallen. They might weigh a lot less than my L100's, and they sounded like it too.

On the other hand, I audtioned the self powered speakers with Crown amps, and those were much nicer. heavier too, with larger magnets; and I suspect better internals. Frankly none of these stand up worth a darn to one on my BGW 250D's in a rack box, with a pre-amp and microphone rack, driving my studio monitors. They blew everyone away :D at an all-church event; and some of those folks may like music, but they arent addicted to the equipment like me.

They were very impressed. Its true to say the microphone rack, pre-amp, and 250D in a stage box weighed in at say 70 lbs, which is more than two of the self powered eons. Not to mention my 4312's, as we all know how light:blink: they are....

BMWCCA PEAVEY or MACKIE...

Tim Rinkerman
08-17-2010, 05:11 AM
If you really have to have super cheap, good sounding, Chinese made crap, QSC is pretty amazing...well made, great power, and very durable...

mikebake
08-17-2010, 05:49 AM
If you really have to have super cheap, good sounding, Chinese made crap, QSC is pretty amazing...well made, great power, and very durable...
I use their amps to good effect with my SR700 series.
My comments on the 3rd gen Eons pertains to using them always with the mathcing powered 18's. I haven't spent much time listening to them without. Enough to know I want them used witht the subs.