PDA

View Full Version :

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:04 PM
Okay, not quite what you're thinking, but I got this JBL Professional product for a penny.

grumpy
07-31-2010, 07:06 PM
... but it will only work in the Southern Hemisphere! ;)

(oh great, flip the picture and ruin my bad joke).

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
... but it will only work in the Southern Hemisphere! ;)

(oh great, flip the picture and ruin my bad joke).

I did flip it, then put it back for posterity and your joke.

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:14 PM
The kit is for the LSR6300 Series, but I'm betting it will have some usefulness in other applications.

For example it has a nice looking SPL meter, which alone is worth a penny or two.

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Then there's a comprehensive manual, some charting paper, extra tools, a graphing protractor thingee, even a battery, all worth more than a penny each.

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:23 PM
It includes a CD with 27 test tones, including discrete frequencies and two pink noise track. It's easily worth a penny.

Titanium Dome
07-31-2010, 07:25 PM
There's the handsome bookshelf case to hold everything securely in one place. Priceless...

Hamilton
08-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I ended up with two of those (long story) and ended up using neither. :thnkfast:

Titanium Dome
08-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I ended up with two of those (long story) and ended up using neither. :thnkfast:

Are you saying I wasted 1¢?

I'm sure Grumpy can find a way for me to use it. Otherwise, I'll have it look cool sitting around, and if someone asks, I'll turn it on for a "look at the pretty lights" moment, then move on. :)

Hoerninger
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm sure Grumpy can find a way for me to use it. Otherwise ... if someone asks, I'll turn it on ...
Please do so :). The mic and the tones re not a problem.
which OS is used,does the software start an automatic pocess?
how are the levels displayed?

thank you!

Don C
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Very similar to the Infinity Rabos kit that I have, but intended for use with the built in eq of the LSR6300 series.
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=RABOS%20KIT&status=
But you don't need to use any particular eq, I used mine to set up the Synthesis S3-SPP with my subwoofers, it takes a bit of patience, but it's well worth the effort.

Hamilton
08-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Are you saying I wasted 1¢?

Not at all. You got this thread out of it, and that's easily worth.....2¢.

Zilch
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Like RABOS, it's a dedicated low-frequency SPL meter, suitably used for manual in-room alignment of sub(s) even without RMC functionality. The manual describes the paths worth pursuing, and how to negotiate them. You need a parametric EQ, optimally. The inexpensive Behringer Feedback Destroyer appears to be popular for this use among bassheads, though I've never had/used one.... :dont-know: