PDA

View Full Version : J B Lansing 175 differences???

hhibrownsbacker
07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
I am attempting to clean up a set of old JB Lansing speakers I have and upon opening them I discovered that the 175s are different. They do sound the same in mono so Im just not sure I should be worried about it or not. If the difference is only the color I can live with that, If there is a difference in the drivers themselves I guess I should hunt up another. I just dont know if there is any differences I should be concerned with. One has its info on a plate the other has its info on a sticker. Serial numbers are for the black one 22988 (on a plate) and for the silver one N-50674 (on a paper sticker)???

BMWCCA
07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Just different years of manufacture, the gray being the older. Should sound pretty much the same. From before the age of stereo so likely a "paring" done later.

hhibrownsbacker
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks, thats my understanding also. I was told by the original owner that he added the second speaker several years after he bought the first one to allow stereo use. they do sound the same when i switch them or in mono so i was just trying to be sure before I went any farther.

LE15-Thumper
08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I can take that old blue grungy one of your hands if you like ? :applaud: