PDA

View Full Version : JBL vs. Gravity ...

DanMan
07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Don't be hating on this player... but this is now the second time that one of my JBL L56's has fallen from a height of 5 foot, crashing onto the hardwood floor.

Damage report:
There is another chip in the hardwood floor :bouncy:

grumpy
07-27-2010, 07:00 AM
That's sure not what I expected, given the title, but also easier to take.

Maybe leave them on the floor :p

DanMan
07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
okay, changed to a more appropriate title lol.

the third time i was not so lucky. the l56 crashed into my l250 and scuffed it. :banghead:

it was speaker rearrangement day here.... but you guys had already warned me drinking and drivers don't mix.... so true :)

robertbartsch
07-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Are you concerned about the magnets loosing strenght as a result of the impacts?

DanMan
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Should I be concerned with magnets loosing strength? I'm usually more concerned about the alignment of the driver within the basket as well as crossovers and other electronic parts that are (were) either glued or screwed.

Well the first time it happened, the drywall screws failed and it fell on its own. The next two times, my a$$ backup up into the speakers on a standard speaker stand. I'm worried my a$$ may be getting too big as well!

edgewound
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Should I be concerned with magnets loosing strength? I'm usually more concerned about the alignment of the driver within the basket as well as crossovers and other electronic parts that are (were) either glued or screwed.

No need to worry about you drivers losing strength. Ferrite magnets do fine with jolts....your are ferrite.

I'd be more concern with gap alignment and/or bent woofer frame on the 118H, but if they sound fine they're probably ok.

BMWCCA
07-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Well the first time it happened, the drywall screws failed and it fell on its own. That's like a one-car accident report that says "The car went out of control," instead of "the driver lost control of the car."

A drywall screw is a pretty well-designed and effective fastener, when used properly and for its intended purpose. ;)

Chris Brown
07-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I have this problem all the time, above 120dBC my L36's like to start dancing off the top of my L150's. :bouncy: