PDA

View Full Version : Is it equal to camp alnico compression drivers behind other divers?

Richard Long
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
because of the magnetical field??

robertbartsch
07-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I have read on the Internet where pernament magnets should not be placed in close proximity to each other because it may impact (reduce) motor strenght. However, when I posed this question to speaker repair and re-coners and others, for example, for inquiries on proper shipping or storage, they seem to not beleive this is a serious issue.

So, for me, I guess the answer is still unsolved.

jcrobso
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Lets look at the JBL Alinco construction.
The Magnet sits inside a heavy cast iron cup, this cup serves to direct the magnetic field to the outside pole piece. There is very little stray magnetic fields around the cup.
The pole pieces are very thick and focus the magnetic flux into the gap, this is very thigh magnetic circuit, very low flux leakage.
There could be a problem if the one speaker was a ferrite magnet since they do have a leaky magnetic design. And if a ferrite speaker was packed VERY close or touching an Alinco the might be problem. Also the inverse square law applies here, if the magnets a inches apart the flux drops off very fast.

Richard Long
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
so if i can follow you with my bad english. itīs not a problem to place an alnico next to the other but itīs not so good to place alnico behind a ferrite one?

jcrobso
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
so if i can follow you with my bad english. itīs not a problem to place an alnico next to the other but itīs not so good to place alnico behind a ferrite one?
But there should all wise be a space between the speakers, they should not be touching.