PDA

View Full Version : JBL L112 foam filters over magnet...where can I find replacements?

Belarathon
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Greetings:

Long time listener, first time caller. I recently suffered a voice coil seizure of one of my 128h woofers. After removing the dust cone, I found that there was some sticky goo built up on the voice coil, obstructing it's full and clear travel. Evidentally, the foam magnet covers deteriorated over time, and made a real mess of things. Luckily, I was able to quickly clean the mung with Goof Off, and everything seems fine now. Does anyone have information on where the foam cover discs can be obtained? Will a generic piece of foam cut to fit suffice? Also, I see what remains of the old foam laying in the bottom of the magnet behind the rectangular hole...was there also a piece of foam placed in the bottom (back) of the woofer? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Cary

rdgrimes
07-02-2010, 01:52 PM
The driver in question is the 128H. If you search here for that driver you'll find everything you ever wanted to know and more.

Belarathon
07-02-2010, 01:56 PM
The driver in question is the 128H. If you search here for that driver you'll find everything you ever wanted to know and more.

I found this thread to be helpful, should anyone else have the same question:

Be Aware of this When Refoaming Old Speakers (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?3173-Be-aware-of-this-when-refoaming-old-speakers)