PDA

View Full Version : New foam for LE25 tweeters question

geode
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
I ordered some replacement foams for my L100 tweeters from JBLPRO. THey came in today. Now the silly question. I read where the white paper backing is peeled off and then you can stick it over the old foam which lessens the chance of breaking the small tweeter wires. Does this entire white piece of paper peel off and is there supposed to be a clear sticky backing on the foam. This white paper is really stuck and it seems the only way to remove it is pull with some force, but I'm afraid the foam will be ruined. There doesn't appear to be any two pieces to separate. I've looked with a magnifying glass and tried tweezers, but it appears it is all the white paper or nothing. Anybody that can shed some light on this for me. It will really appreciated. I don't want to screw up the new foams.Thanks.

JBLAddict
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
I ordered some replacement foams for my L100 tweeters from JBLPRO. THey came in today. Now the silly question. I read where the white paper backing is peeled off and then you can stick it over the old foam which lessens the chance of breaking the small tweeter wires. Does this entire white piece of paper peel off and is there supposed to be a clear sticky backing on the foam. This white paper is really stuck and it seems the only way to remove it is pull with some force, but I'm afraid the foam will be ruined. There doesn't appear to be any two pieces to separate. I've looked with a magnifying glass and tried tweezers, but it appears it is all the white paper or nothing. Anybody that can shed some light on this for me. It will really appreciated. I don't want to screw up the new foams.Thanks.

The paper should peel off very easily, exposing the adhesive, if it doesn't there's something wrong, like maybe they were stored for a long period of time at elevated temperatures.

Try using an exacto knife of something to get the peel started, you cannot really ruin them since they are simply a foam ring to catch spurious HF, so attaching them less than perfect doesn't mean much functionally. If you end up somehow totally trashing them in trying to peel the paper, they go for like $10 every day on ebay so not like you're risking much