PDA

View Full Version : i m not sayin the best, but the best speakers ive ever owned

mosteller
06-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I have had many speakers , good and bad...Among them klipsch rf7,rf5, heresy,lascala, jbl 4412a,l100t,l96s,pioneer hpm 100, several polk,canton,allison 2s and many more.i heard many more such as tannoys ect...
Today i got a great deal on a pair of jbl l7s , and they blew me away.
They are placement sensitive , but you find that sweetspot and wow. Its like the speakers dont exist, transparent,dynamic, has the whole spectrum of frequencies and image there butt off...the bass is very tight and everything is true and clean.
You can tell im excited , but wanted you to know if you run across these, grab em....and ill buy em from you..jk

HCSGuy
06-26-2010, 06:17 PM
No comments yet, TDome?

Congratulations on your find, we're all glad you like them and they sound so good. What power are you running them with?

mosteller
06-26-2010, 06:24 PM
No comments yet, TDome?

Congratulations on your find, we're all glad you like them and they sound so good. What power are you running them with?
im running them with onkyo at 150 wpc

mosteller
06-26-2010, 06:38 PM
also i reallize everone has different opinions on what a great sound is..to me they are great. I think i have a real good ear for sound...I played music since 5 yo(now 33). i have professionally ( earned a living) played for 10 of those years, and did the production in recording......but all the above could have made my ears bad:D:banghead:

BMWCCA
06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
You'll find many here would agree with you on the L7s. When I got my first pair home I put them in the middle of my living room floor and hooked them up to the amps for my main system. Walking around the room I thought they just disappeared. Even the highs projected without any apparent directionality. I never found the L7s to be that placement sensitive but I suppose it depends on the room. They are currently ranked somewhere around #2 in my favorites list and I think highly enough of them to own two pair, though to some extent it does depend on what I'm listening to. That issue never comes up with the 4345s.

I hope you enjoy them for a long, long time. :thmbsup:

HCSGuy
06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I ran mine with a Onkyo M504, DBX BX3-MkII, Parasound 5250, and a Bryston 3BST. I couldn't get any bass control with the M504, but the DBX did the best (I thought). You're right about them being placement sensitive - I never really got them to jive, had better luck with L5's and a subwoofer.

mosteller
06-26-2010, 07:30 PM
You'll find many here would agree with you on the L7s. When I got my first pair home I put them in the middle of my living room floor and hooked them up to the amps for my main system. Walking around the room I thought they just disappeared. Even the highs projected without any apparent directionality. I never found the L7s to be that placement sensitive but I suppose it depends on the room. They are currently ranked somewhere around #2 in my favorites list and I think highly enough of them to own two pair, though to some extent it does depend on what I'm listening to. That issue never comes up with the 4345s.

I hope you enjoy them for a long, long time. :thmbsup:
i hope i enjoy them for a long time too...one thing i can say is that they arnt as sweet lookin as your 4345s

gferrell
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree, I have had mine for about 9 months and still loving them. Enjoy!

Titanium Dome
06-27-2010, 09:31 AM
No comments yet, TDome?

I didn't want to appear to be ra-ra. :bouncy: :banana: :dancin:

Congrats mosteller. Read all about it here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?7498-JBL-L-Series-(1990s)