PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever build a Paragon?

groover
06-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Ambitious to be certain, but wondering if anybody's every gotten the blueprint and built a Paragon?

hjames
06-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Ambitious to be certain, but wondering if anybody's every gotten the blueprint and built a Paragon?

Why?

Other than it being a signature (sculptural) piece of the early 50s, I had thought audio design had gone way beyond its technologies.
Pretty sure you can do a lot better sound-wise, with more modern designs and drivers, if you are in it for the music ...

Of course, a factory Paragon is a gorgeous wooden statement piece, no doubt about that.

Hoerninger
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Ambitious to be certain ... but wonderinga) The sculpture - Search the forum for a plan, but the German site seems to be off.

b) The bass horn -look here (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?11909-Paragon-XXL&highlight=).

c) The Soundstage - What about two S2600 or S3100 side by side?

Maron Horonzakz
06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I have built several Paragons,,,The trick is making the curved panel,,,needing to make a jig to hold the panel when laminating the curved layers... the legs were done on a cnc by a gunstock manufacture. Hard to tell from the origional. But now useing TAD components can improve its sound...

bigyank
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Why?

My answer to that is why not? :applaud:

Yank