PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a 511b horn...

ldv33
06-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi folks!

I'm new on the forum, and I'm hoping you "experts" can give me some advice. Currently I'm enjoying a set of A7's with a pair of Dynaco st120's, they are currently biamped using an old active Rane crossover. Recently, I was given another pair of 511b horns with 802 drivers, from an old friend who found them at a garage sale and I was wondering what I could do with them...I've searched around for some projects on the forum involving the 511b horn but have not found very much. I'm willing to take ideas and see what I can come up with. Maybe a DIY model 19? or something creative like user Wardsweb? I'm hoping to build something with high efficiency like the a7's have. I like the tube sound and want to maximize that as much as possible. Anyone have any cool ideas?

louped garouv
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi folks!

I'm new on the forum, and I'm hoping you "experts" can give me some advice. Currently I'm enjoying a set of A7's with a pair of Dynaco st120's, they are currently biamped using an old active Rane crossover. Recently, I was given another pair of 511b horns with 802 drivers, from an old friend who found them at a garage sale and I was wondering what I could do with them...I've searched around for some projects on the forum involving the 511b horn but have not found very much. I'm willing to take ideas and see what I can come up with. Maybe a DIY model 19? or something creative like user Wardsweb? I'm hoping to build something with high efficiency like the a7's have. I like the tube sound and want to maximize that as much as possible. Anyone have any cool ideas?

quasi 19s with a 511B/802 could be cool in my opinion...

what horn are you using on the A7s?

ldv33
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm using the 511b with 902 drivers...sounds damn good too!

"quasi 19's" ? You mean a model 19 and instead of an 811b use a 511b?

I took a look around the site, and I think maybe a La Scala bass bin and the 511 perched on top? Some of you guys who are doing this, how does it sound?

Jailtime
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm going to be using a 511B horn with either the 802-8G or the 808-8B. I've really been looking at the AE Lambda TD15X to run on the low frequency duties. They can play up to 2KHz cleanly, so it gives you lots of crossover options. Check 'em out here - http://www.aespeakers.com/drivers.php?driver_id=12. (http://www.aespeakers.com/drivers.php?driver_id=12)